Special Interest Housing
Residents in Solidarity for Equality
Residents in Solidarity for Equality (R.I.S.E.) offers residents with an interest in diversity and inclusion an opportunity to work towards an inclusive community focused on social justice. The purpose of the community is to create a safe space for all persons regardless of their social identities markers such as race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, religion, and ability. For Fall 2017, students will be assigned to a designated section of Grand Strand. The R.I.S.E. community will offer its residents the following:
- Experiential programming that will explore systems of power and privilege in America to gain a better understanding of how we are all affected by oppression;
- Education for allies and those working to live as inclusively as possible in their daily lives; and
- A gender-inclusive housing assignment process, which includes room and roommate selection.
Questions for Housing Application:
- Why do you want to be part of Residents in Solidarity for Equality (R.I.S.E.)?
- How would participation in this community enhance your experience in your major and at CCU? How would you contribute to the community?
- What experiences have you had to prepare you to be a potential leader?
- Franklin Ellis, Assistant Director of Intercultural and Inclusion Student Services - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Susan Failing, Community Coordinator - email@example.com
Township Circle Desk
Elvington Loop Desk
University Place Desk
University Housing creates a foundation of care for resident safety and success.