New Students and Transfers will check-in on Friday, Aug. 17 and Returning Students will check-in Saturday-Sunday, Aug. 18-19.
We are excited for you to join us as a member of the on campus community at Coastal Carolina University this Fall 2018! We want to remind you of a few details before you arrive on campus. As the summer moves forward, we will add more information here so make sure you check back often.
Friday, Aug. 17 - New Students and Transfers
9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
You will park in the DDD parking lot at the Coastal Science Center and take a shuttle to the check in location, CCU Map for Housing Move-In - Friday. (Park in the BBB lot if the DDD lot is full.) In order to make it a smooth process for you, the time you are allowed to check-in is based on your housing assignment.
Click here for the schedule: Fall 2018 New Student Move In Schedule (coming soon).
After you check-in, you will be taken back to your vehicle and go to your building to move in. On Friday the ChantiCREW will be on Main Campus to help you unload quickly.
Saturday, Aug. 18 - Returning Students
9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
You will park in the J or QQ parking lot and walk to Williams-Brice Recreation Center, CCU Map for Housing Move-In - Saturday. In order to make it a smooth process for you, the time you are allowed to check-in is based on your housing assignment.
Click here for the schedule: Fall 2018 Returning Student Move In Schedule (coming soon).
After you check-in, you may go to your building to move in.
Any students who arrive after 3:00 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 18 will go to the 24-hour community desk to check-in. No check-ins will occur between 3:00 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. on Saturday as we transition the process from Williams-Brice Recreation Center to the community desks.
- Ingle Hall Community Desk - Eaglin, Ingle, The Woods and The Gardens
- Tradition Hall Community Desk - Chanticleer, CINO, Teal and Tradition
- Grand Strand Community Desk - Blue Ridge, Piedmont, Grand Strand, Low Country and Sandhills
Below are some things you will need or should review prior to your move in.
- Bring your CINO Card. Students are unable to check into housing without it. New students and transfers will be able to get their CINO Card during Orientation. Otherwise, the CINO Card Office will be at housing check-in to assist students who still need to get their CINO Card. Log into your CINO Card account to upload your photo.
- Submit your immunization records. All students attending CCU are required to meet the University's Immunization Requirements prior to registration or being checked into housing. Visit the Student Health Services website for more information.
- Find your room assignment at MyCoastalHome and contact your roommate(s). Fall housing assignments will be available for students to see along with roommate contact information. Changes to assignments and roommates may happen throughout the summer.
- Begin thinking about what to bring and what not to bring. Remember you cannot bring everything, so you want to take some time to figure out what is most important for you to bring. We have created a handy checklist of items to consider bringing and things you may want to leave at home. Consult our What to Bring List and Community Living Guide for more information.
- Label belongings. Move in is a busy time with lots of students moving in at the same time. We strongly encourage students to label all belongings with labels or tape. Include your name, building and room on all items.
- Know your move in time and day. The schedule is now posted above. Students should follow the schedule to help alleviate congestion on campus and the residential communities.
No parking is allowed around Chanticleer, CINO, Teal, Tradition, Ingle, Eaglin and the Woods from Thursday, Aug. 16 through Friday, Aug. 17. Please see this map for more information: No Parking Map for Housing Move-In
Main Campus Desk
Tradition Hall Desk
University Place Desk
University Housing creates a foundation of care for resident safety and success.