Special Interest Housing
Intercultural Experience Community
Are you interested in learning about other cultures through first-hand interaction with students from different countries? If so, you should join the Intercultural Experience Community. This community is for sophomores and above.
International students and American students will be paired as roommates to live in the Intercultural Experience community. This community is designed to cultivate friendships, increase intercultural understanding, and encourage mutual sharing of knowledge and experiences. For Fall 2017, students will be assigned to a designated section of Low Country.
While programming will develop around the interests of the members of this community, potential programs may include:
- Stammtisch-style discussions (informal gatherings) on current topics of international interest with fellow students and distinguished faculty and staff;
- Opportunities to learn about study abroad, international internships, and international service learning from student Global Ambassadors returning from international experiences;
- Identifying and developing exciting on-campus and off-campus activities to enhance cross cultural awareness, including International Education Week;
- Participation in intercultural programming at local schools and community libraries; and
- Community dinners and social gatherings.
What will you gain from living in the Intercultural Experience Community?
- Potential for developing lifelong friendships with students from around the world
- An enhanced ability to understand and adapt to cultural diversity and intercultural issues
- Activities to experience and learn about cultural traditions and to broaden your worldview
- Opportunities to cultivate your leadership skills
Questions for Housing Application:
- Why do you want to be part of the Intercultural Experience Community?
- How would participation in this community enhance your experience in your major and at CCU? How would you contribute to the community?
- What experiences have you had to prepare you to be a potential leader?
- Amir Maleki, Assistant Director of International Student and Scholar Services - email@example.com
- Andy Hieber, Community Coordinator - firstname.lastname@example.org
Main Campus Desk
Tradition Hall Desk
University Place Desk
University Housing creates a foundation of care for resident safety and success.