Special Interest Housing
The SEA Floor supports Coastal Carolina’s academic mission and University Housing’s mission of providing a foundation of care for safety and success by engaging residents and providing programs that involve their interest in the marine sciences, and developing relationships among students with similar interests. Students are assigned to a designated section of Singleton-Young Hall.
The SEA Floor is a collaboration between University Housing and the Department of Marine Science. Students who are interested in majoring in marine science are assigned together in Singleton-Young Hall that features social and educational programming focusing on the marine environment. The SEA Floor has taken trips to the Coastal Carolina Marine Science Research Vessel and the Charleston Aquarium, assisted with sea turtle migration and participated in monthly faculty lunches and faculty seminars/presentations. You will even sleep under the aquariums during an overnight trip to the Georgia Aquarium.
Questions for Housing Application:
- Why do you want to be part of the SEA Floor?
- How would participation in this community enhance your experience in your major and at CCU? How would you contribute to the community?
- What experiences have you had to prepare you to be a potential leader?
- Eric Rosch, Marine Science Faculty - email@example.com
- Joe Dessino, Community Coordinator - firstname.lastname@example.org
Township Circle Desk
Elvington Loop Desk
University Place Desk
University Housing creates a foundation of care for resident safety and success.