Special Interest Housing
The SEA Floor supports Coastal Carolina’s academic mission and University Housing’s mission of providing a foundation of care for safety and success by engaging residents and providing programs that involve their interest in the marine sciences, and developing relationships among students with similar interests.
The SEA Floor is a collaboration between University Housing and the Department of Marine Science. Students who are interested in majoring in marine science are assigned together in Singleton-Young Hall that features social and educational programming focusing on the marine environment. Some examples of past program activities include field trips to Waties Island, invited speakers that give talks on research and/or career advice, movie nights, beach cleanups, kayaking trips, going to the Georgia Aquarium or South Carolina Aquarium, participating in field research, and going on an offshore fishing trip. Activities are resident-driven so there are many possibilities!
Questions for Housing Application:
- Why do you want to be part of the SEA Floor Community? Please be specific in your response.
- How would participation in this community enhance your experience in your major and at CCU? How would you contribute to the community?
- What experiences have you had to prepare you to live among students of diverse backgrounds and interests? What experiences have you had as a potential leader?
- Eric Rosch, Marine Science Faculty - email@example.com
- Brianna Glenn, Area Coordinator - firstname.lastname@example.org
Township Circle Desk
Elvington Loop Desk
University Place Desk
University Housing creates a foundation of care for resident safety and success.