facebook icon twitter youtube

Community Living Guide

What to bring if you live on campus...

  • One Refrigerator- NO LARGER THAN 4.6 cubic feet and approved by Underwriters Laboratories (UL).
  • One UL approved microwave (less than 1,000 watts) is permitted
  • Bedding Twin XL (extra long) bed UNLESS you live in a single bedroom with a full-sized bed, in which case you will want full-sized bedding
  • Shower curtain
  • A television, if you want (cable hook-ups in living room AND bedrooms)
  • Kitchen necessities
  • towels
  • toiletries
  • hygiene products and appliances (hairdryer, curling iron, etc)
  • cleaning products
  • cell phones, tvs, laptops, etc., as desired

A Student's Words of Wisdom

This fall will make my third year as a CCU resident and hopefully I have a few helpful tips for you. In Eaglin and Ingle, making the most of your space is key. I suggest storage bins that can be kept under beds or in empty drawers. They’re great for organization and work well to keep food clean, fresh and out of the way. But if it’s UP that you’ll call home, you have more area to work with—and more to keep clean. Vacuums can be rented from the activity houses, but if you’re a real neat-freak, you might want to invest in cleaning supplies to keep your space tidy. But regardless of which area you live in, I recommend waiting until you get here to buy décor and the like. There’s a Wal-Mart literally 4 minutes down the road and I think it works better to see your space, get some measurements, and figure out what you’ll need before dragging all sorts of things down here—especially in concerns to the bathroom and kitchen.

 University Housing creates a foundation of care for resident safety and success.

Contact Information

University Housing
Ingle Hall
843-349-6400 (phone)
843-349-6425 (fax)

Main Campus Desk

University Place Desk

Quick Links

facebook icon twitter icon