As part of the Coastal Comeback Plan, all residents and their helper (e.g. family member, friend) are required to adhere to the following guidelines when moving out. Residents will have an opportunity to review these guidelines and agree to them prior to scheduling a move-out appointment.
- You must schedule a move-out appointment online in MyCoastalHome at least 24 hours in advance of when you will leave campus. You are able to cancel this appointment and reschedule if your travel plans change.
- Each resident is allowed only ONE helper to assist with moving items out of their room. The number of people on-campus, assisting with the move-out process must be limited to facilitate social distancing. Any additional people beyond the one helper must stay with the vehicle(s).
- The one helper is permitted to assist inside the building three hours prior to the scheduled checkout appointment.
- Face coverings are required while inside University buildings as well as outdoors when social distancing cannot be maintained.
- Limit face-to-face contact with others, maintaining distances of 6 feet or greater when possible.
- Elevators have a two-person capacity limit.
- Wash your hands frequently and avoid touching your face.
- If able, bring a handtruck or dolley to assist you with carrying large or heavy items. Limited carts will be available for residents in Eaglin, Ingle, Chanticleer, DeCenzo (formerly Teal), Singleton-Young, and Tradition Halls.
If a helper has had symptoms of any illness within 14 days of your spring move-out appointment, they should not come to campus. Contact University Housing to discuss alternative move-out arrangements. If you have symptoms, contact Student Health Services.
Township Circle Desk
Elvington Loop Desk
University Place Desk
University Housing creates a foundation of care for resident safety and success.