Work For Us
Thank you for your interest in working for University Housing for the summer. Despite what you might think, Summer is actually a very busy time for us! From camps and conferences, to moving furniture, to cleaning every room in preparation for fall, we couldn’t do it all without our summer student employees. Apply for summer positions through MyCoastalHome.
Below is an overview of the positions available. If you have any questions, contact us at UHStudentJobs@coastal.edu.
- Conference Assistants work with our many camps and conferences that stay on campus for brief periods of time. You will assist with check in and checkout, serve as a resource to our guests and work at the desk assisting with lock outs. CAs are required to live on campus. This position pays $9.25/hour.
- Desk Assistants serve as customer service representatives at the 24-hour community desks. The community desk is the hub of information and activity in the residential community. DAs assist with check-ins, lock outs, emergency maintenance and answer questions about University Housing or CCU in general. This position pays $8.25/hour.
- Desk Managers are responsible for the day-to-day management of the 24-hour community desk, managing the desk schedule, training DAs and assisting with regular desk responsibilities. You must have served as a Desk Assistant for a minimum of one year to be eligible for the Desk Manager position. This position pays $10.50/hour.
- Office Assistants serve as customer service representatives in University Housing in Tradition Hall. The main housing office is very busy in the summer as students prepare to move in for fall semester. You will answer phone calls from students and parents and assist with walk-ins. This position pays $8.25/hour.
- Summer Student Associates support University Housing operations through task completion, project participation, and quality assurance procedures. Handle all assigned duties in a safe and prescribed manner, including but not limited to: cleaning, general maintenance, painting, inspections, furniture moving, and/or other responsibilities purposed to create a foundation of care for resident safety and success. Work assignments may vary during the employment period based on departmental need and include working nights, weekends, and times outside of typical shift.
- Summer Housing Custodial Assistants work with our professional Custodial Team to deep clean University Housing spaces for fall. Responsibilities can include managing trash and recycling, cleaning resident spaces, such as bathrooms, kitchens, and bedrooms, and community spaces, such as lounges, stairwells, and entrances/exits. This position pays $12.50/hour.
- Summer Housing Facilities Assistants work with our professional facilities staff in completing a variety of projects in housing, such as painting rooms, moving furniture, or assisting with other facilities projects such as repairing furniture, power-washing, and/or other grounds projects. This position pays $15/hour and provides housing for summer.
- Summer Quality Assurance Specialists are an elite team of student employees entrusted with the responsibility of inspecting the cleaning work of contracted vendors in University Housing spaces. Responsibilities include inspecting for cleanliness and damages/repairs, and documenting/communicating to professional facilities staff issues and concerns. This position pays $15/hour and provides housing for summer.
Township Circle Desk
Elvington Loop Desk
University Place Desk
University Housing creates a foundation of care for resident safety and success.