Work For Us
Thank you for your interest in working for University Housing for the summer. Despite what you might think, Summer is actually a very busy time for us! From camps and conferences to moving furniture to cleaning every room in preparation for fall, there is no way we could do it all without a summer staff. Apply for summer positions through MyCoastalHome.
Below is an overview of the positions available. If you have any questions, contact us at UHStudentJobs@coastal.edu.
- Conference Assistants work with our many camps and conferences that stay on campus for brief periods of time. You will assist with check in and checkout, serve as a resource to our guests and work at the desk assisting with lock outs. CAs are required to live on campus. Pay rate is $9.25/hour.
- Custodial Student Assistants assist with the turning of our buildings in preparation for fall. You will be lifting and cleaning to ensure spaces are ready for our fall students. Pay rate is $10.25/hour.
- Desk Assistants serve as customer service representatives at the 24-hour community desks. The community desk is the hub of information and activity in the residential community. DAs assist with check-ins, lock outs, emergency maintenance and answer questions about University Housing or CCU in general. Pay rate is $8.25/hour.
- Desk Managers are responsible for the day-to-day management of the 24-hour community desk, managing the desk schedule, training DAs and assisting with regular desk responsibilities. You must have served as a Desk Assistant for a minimum of one year to be eligible for the Desk Manager position. Pay rate is $10.50/hour.
- Maintenance Student Assistants assist our professional facility staff members in completing various projects in the residential communities. Some lifting will be required. Pay rate is $10.25/hour.
- Paint Crew assist our professional facility staff members in painting student rooms prior to fall semester opening. Some lifting will be required.
- Furniture Move Crew Staff assist the painters with moving furniture in preparation for fall. Lifting will be required.
- Office Assistants serve as customer service representatives in University Housing in Tradition Hall. The main housing office is very busy in the summer as students prepare to move in for fall semester. You will answer phone calls from students and parents and assist with walk-ins. Pay rate is $8.25/hour.
Township Circle Desk
Elvington Loop Desk
University Place Desk
University Housing creates a foundation of care for resident safety and success.