CCU has established network security protocols that limit the amount of data that can be submitted on a web form originating from outside the network. If you receive a “URL not found” error you are exceeding CCU network security limit for data submission.
An exception to these limits are granted to computers on the campus network. In order to ensure submission of your application please complete this form from a computer on campus. If you are attempting to submit your form and are having issues please send an email to email@example.com
Link to Application
Scholarly reassignment provides tenured members of the faculty the opportunity to engage in scholarly activities appropriate to their field of professional obligation to the University. In order to maximize the productivity of the faculty member during the period of reassignment, the faculty member must be released from all University obligations for the duration of the reassignment. It is assumed that applicants for scholarly reassignment have maintained an active record of scholarly productivity appropriate to their field of expertise in the years leading up to application for reassignment. The proposed activity should reflect continuation and augmentation of this record of productivity.
Scholarly reassignment can last for one major semester at full pay, or for two major semesters at half pay (one year for twelve-month employees). Faculty with grant or Fulbright Scholarship applications pending, may wish to file a request for a full year Scholarly Reassignment that would be contingent upon receiving the external funding. They may also choose to apply for the one major semester reassignment if the external monies are not awarded. This can be done on one application form. There will be no priority assigned to either of these options as a matter of course.
The schedule of deadlines for Chair/Supervisor, the Deans, and the Faculty Development Committee reports will be published by the Faculty Development Committee in the semester prior to the deadline for filing applications.
Eligibility for Application
- At the time of application, the applicant must hold tenure at the University.
- The applicant must have at least four consecutive years of service to the University.
- Three years must have passed since the return from previous scholarly reassignment.
- Upon returning from scholarly reassignment, the applicant must be able to perform one full year of service at an equal or higher level to the University.
- Consult the Faculty Manual for the regulations concerning scholarly reassignment.
- Contact the Office of Human Resources and Equal Opportunity if you have questions pertaining to benefits and payment before determining whether you would apply for the full year or half year reassignment options.
- Consult with your Chair or Supervisor concerning the procedural viability of your scholarly reassignment application (areas of concern include the availability of the Chair/Supervisor at the time of the deadline, and the ability of the Department to reassign your professional obligations at the time of your scholarly reassignment).
Instructions to Applicant
- Complete the application form contained in this document and submit it to your Chair or Supervisor by the proper deadline cited above. Include any appropriate supporting materials with your application.
- In the event that scholarly reassignment is granted, sign the acceptance form, copy it for your files, and return the original to the Office of Academic Affairs.
- Within three months of returning to your normal duties, file a full report of the outcomes of your activity during the reassignment period to your Chair/Supervisor, Dean, and Provost.
- Be prepared to make a formal presentation of the outcomes of your scholarly activity during the reassignment on campus following your reassignment.
Submission Deadlines for Fall 2018 Submissions
The deadline to submit your online application for Scholarly Reassignment is Monday, January 22, 2018. If you intend to apply, please inform your chair/supervisor in a timely manner so that any necessary preparations to cover your instructional load with existing resources may be anticipated.
Subsequent deadlines are:
- February 5, 2018: Department Chair/Supervisor Recommendation Letter submitted online.
- February 12, 2018: Recommendations from College Deans forwarded to Chair of Faculty Development Committee.
- February 26, 2018: Recommendations from the Faculty Development Committee forwarded to the Provost.
- March 12, 2018: Final decision of the Provost and the President
Instructions to Chair/Supervisor
Upon receipt of a scholarly reassignment application, draft a report that:
- Assesses the merit of the proposal in terms of its importance and benefits to the University, College, Department, applicant and in the appropriate academic discipline
- Addresses the proposal's relevance to the continued professional development of the individual faculty member
- Demonstrates that the regular duties of the applicant can be reassigned to other persons qualified to perform such duties.
- Each application should be ranked as highly recommended, recommended, or not recommended.
This report and the application will be submitted to the Dean according to the schedule published by the Faculty Development Committee (typically seven (7) to ten (10) days after the deadline for submission).
Upon receipt of final reports received from faculty returning from scholarly reassignment, comment upon them and forward these materials to the College or Area Dean.