PeopleAdmin 7.0 Transition
About the Upgrade
In Fall 2017, Human Resources and Equal Opportunity embarked on a process to upgrade and enhance the existing capabilities of the PeopleAdmin system. In the current version, PeopleAdmin 5.8, many of the processes are paper driven and upgrading to version 7.0 will help eliminate much of the paper and streamline the process. This upgrade will be done in three phases:
- Phase 1 – Applicant Tracking System (ATS) and Position Descriptions (PD). The ATS system upgrade is scheduled to go line on June 26, 2018. The enhanced system will allow for electronic documents to travel through the workflow, streamlining the processes for creating or revising a position description, advertising a position, identifying qualified applicants, interviewing and ultimately hiring a new employee.
- Phase 2 – Electronic Onboarding. The enhancement will allow a person in the pre-hire phase to complete and submit necessary documents and complete necessary documents that are currently handled via email, fax or in person. The expected completion for Phase 2 is approximately Aug. 15, 2018.
- Phase 3 – Performance Management (EPMS). The upgrade to the EPMS system will help enhance the existing employee evaluation system. It is anticipated that this phase will be completed by Oct. 1, 2018.
Improvements in the PeopleAdmin 7.0 upgrade include:
- Reducing the number of signatures required to initiate the search process and complete the hiring process;
- Allowing electronic administrative approvals;
- Decreasing the length of time the processes take;
- Establishing a chain of custody associated with the tracking of transactions pending; and
- Lessening the number of paper transactions.