International Summer School
About The Program
Participants in the International Summer School at Coastal Carolina University will learn about American culture, business environment and university system. They will attend four regular classes at Coastal Carolina University. Students will also get to participate in a variety of exciting activities like a golf clinic, evening at the movies and watching American football as well as go on fun trips to historic Charleston, Alligator Adventure and Brookgreen Gardens.
Participants in the program must attend all the classes that they are assigned and actively participate in all the activities and trips. The program's grade will be based on the following components:
- Write 4 short reports (33.3%)
- Make a group presentation about their university programs and structure (16.7%)
- Complete 4 short class assignments (13.3%)
- Complete a major assignment in cross-cultural management (16.7%)
- Attend all the classes and activities (20%)
- To familiarize participants with American culture and the American higher education system.
- To help participants improve their written and oral communication skills in English.
- To allow participants to take part in a number of courses in an American university and study a variety of topics.
Outcome of the Program
Upon completion of the program, participants will have a better understanding of the United States’ business environment, culture and higher education system. The program helps students understand the organizational structure of American universities. Also, students will improve their English and make friends with American students, since they will share a room with a residence assistant. Most participants indicated that they would strongly recommend this program to their colleagues.
- 94% of the students who participated in this program felt that they left with a better understanding of university life in the United States
- All students who participated felt their English skills and understanding of United States culture improved from taking part in the program.
- Students indicated they enjoyed the out of classroom activities. Describing the Alligator Adventure as very impressive; Charleston as a true ‘old’ American city; and local golf, beaches and sports teams as impressive.
“There was a lot to do and much work to be accomplished, but it helped to improve my English skills. I was not here on vacation and I feel that I am leaving with something”… A quote from a previous participant.
How to apply?
Students will be selected by the International Program Office in their university. If selected, please click here to complete the application form. If you are accepted to the program we will send you an e-mail with more information and will help you process your visa to the U.S. if needed. We will also send you a course preferences form that will allow you to indicate which courses you prefer to take during the program. Although we will do our best to try to accommodate your preferences due to space and time constraints we may not be able to accommodate all your requests.
For More Information, Please Contact:
For students from Hochschule Bonn-Rhein-Sieg:
Fachbereich Wirtschaft Rheinbach
University of Applied Sciences
Tel: +49 (0) 2241 865-402
Fax: +49 (0) 2241 865-8402
For students from RheinAhrCampus, Remagen:
Jens Andreas Faulstich
Sudallee 2; D-53424 Remagen
Tel: +49 (0) 2642 932-228
Fax: +49 (0) 2642 932-256
For all other students:
Dr. Yoav Wachsman
Associate Professor of Economics
E. Craig Wall Sr. College of Business Administration
Coastal Carolina University
Tel: +1 843 349-2683
Fax: +1 843 349-2455