International Enrollment Process
An international internship is an exceptional way to enhance both your academic and personal skills and can be one of the most rewarding experiences of your academic program. It is important for you to be aware of all the placement opportunities, course benefits and potential risk before making a commitment to an internship abroad. Your personal health, safety and learning experience are the University's primary concerns. Once you have decided to explore an international internship, schedule a meeting with Robert Bulsza in the Career Services Center (LJSU # A-203) to discuss placement options.
After placement into an internship, please follow the following steps for course enrollment:
International Internship approval process:
- Log in to Handshake (coastal.joinhandshake.com) and navigate to the Career Services drop-down menu at the top right.
- Select “Experiences,” then the tab for “Request Experience.”
- Choose this form to fill out - “INTERNATIONAL INTERNSHIP LEARING CONTRACT and COURSE ENROLLMENT” (select a semester).
- Answer all questions. If not sure, enter TBD.
- Once you hit “Submit,” you will see a 2-page legal document (MOU) attachment on the next page. Your program provider or employer must sign in order for us to register you (you can email it to them to be signed electronically).
- Complete required forms and upload to Handshake for approval (7 forms).
- Schedule a meeting with Robert Bulsza in the Career Services Center and create a budget estimate.
- Meet with Lori Patterson in the Center for Global Engagement.
- Visit Financial Aid to discuss loan, scholarship and payment options.
- After the approval process is complete, a faculty member will contact you to verify registration and course requirements.
- The class will be conducted in distance-learning format and all assignments and evaluations will be submitted online.
Robert Bulsza, M.A., LPC
Director of Internships and Service Learning
Career Services Center
Student Union A-203 C