ITS offers and supports Nextcloud (formerly ownCloud), a file storage and sharing system for non-sensitive files. Similar to other cloud-based services such as Dropbox, Google Drive and OneDrive, Nextcloud allows files to be shared with anyone. Nextcloud has industry-level security, better user collaboration with improved speed, and protection for your confidential data. Each Nextcloud user is allowed 5GB of space and may upload files of up to 1GB to share with anyone, regardless of whether or not they have a CCU account. Files may be accessed from desktop computers or mobile devices both on and off campus.
- ITS Service Center
Wall Building 105
Online Service Request »
- Inside ITS »(CCU login required)
Request a Nextcloud account online through the ITS Service Center. Once your account is set up:
- Access Nextcloud by typing https://owncloud.coastal.edu in your browser's URL.
- Login in with your CCU username and password.
- If you had an ownCloud account, the desktop client will sync with the new Nextcloud site and requires no configuration...only your CCU username and password.
- Please remember, you must update the Nextcloud password every time you update your CCU password.
- Nextcloud can also be used by installing the Nextcloud client locally on your computer or on your mobile device (iOS and Android).
See installation instructions »
Nextcloud Desktop Client Manual »
- You can also integrate Nextcloud with your Moodle courses by following these steps.