Physical activity, or exercise, is a key determinant of health. Being physically active improves overall health and fitness, and reduces the risk for many chronic conditions.
Benefits of physical activity include:
- Reduced risk of cardiovascular conditions
- Reduced risk of certain types of cancer
- Reduced risk of Type 2 diabetes
- Stronger bones and muscles
- Stronger and more stable joints
- Improved mental health and mood
- Improved activities of daily living
- Weight control
Exercise consultations are tailored to the individual and can include education on a variety of topics related to physical activity (cardiorespiratory fitness, muscular endurance and strength, joint mobility and flexibility, etc.) as well as a custom exercise prescription. To set up an appointment for an exercise consultation, please contact Mike Cruise.