Physical activity, or exercise, is a key determinant of health. Being physically active improves overall health and fitness, and reduces the risk for many chronic conditions.
Benefits of physical activity include:
• Reduced risk of cardiovascular conditions
• Reduced risk of certain types of cancer
• Reduced risk of type 2 diabetes
• Stronger bones and muscles
• Stronger and more stable joints
• Improved mental health and mood
• Improved activities of daily living
• Weight control
Exercise consultations are tailored to the individual and can include education on a variety of topics related to physical activity (cardiorespiratory fitness, muscular endurance and strength, joint mobility and flexibility, etc.) as well as a custom exercise prescription. To set up an appointment for an exercise consultation please contact Mike Cruse.