CCU Mail Services for Parents
Mail Services is housed in Sands Hall, located at 107 Founders Drive. It operates as a Contract Postal Unit of the U.S. Postal Service in the City of Conway and offers almost all products and services of a regular post office, plus mail processing for students who live in University Housing and interoffice mail delivery for faculty/staff.
Your assistance in observing the following suggestions will help ensure that your student receives their mail and packages in an efficient and timely manner.
All U.S. Postal Service mail and packages to students who live in University Housing should be addressed as follows:
STUDENT'S NAME (NO NICKNAMES)
CCU Box ----- (5 digit mailbox number)
107 Founders Drive
Conway, SC 29526
We cannot give out mailbox numbers over the phone due to privacy laws. You can find your student's mailbox number on WebAdvisor under the Housing Assignment tab or ask your student.
- Due to the frequency of certain names, addresses should include the student’s full name – the same as the one used for registration purposes with the University. Please avoid using nicknames.
- Mail Services picks up student mail (and packages) from the Conway Post Office and then processes it on campus before inputting it into the University mail tracking system. Generally, mail is processed by 2 p.m. Students are strongly encouraged to wait until they have received an University email alerting them that they have mail available at the CCU Post Office before proceeding to Sands Hall. Mail Services does not permit the early release of mail – no exceptions.
- All students are notified via their CCU email account that mail and/or packages have arrived for them in Mail Services.
- When ordering something for your student, make sure the shipping address includes the name of the student, not the name of the parent or person sending the package. Many packages have to be returned to the sender as they are addressed to the parent or person who placed the order, rather than to the student. In these cases, Mail Services has no way to determine which student is to receive the package.
- Packages sent to students via U.S. Postal Service Express Mail are not picked up from the Conway Post Office until after 2:30 p.m. Monday - Friday.
- Mail Services does NOT process or offer money orders.
- When U.S. Postal Service, UPS, or FedEx tracking information states that a package has been “delivered in Conway,” it does not mean the package has been delivered to and is available at the university. It only means the package has arrived in the Conway Post Office. After Mail Services picks up the package from the Conway Post Office and processes it on campus, the student will receive an email (in their university account) that the package is available for pickup.
- If we receive mail that does not have a name or mailbox number on it, it will be held for seven days then returned to the sender. We are unable to determine your student's name or box number with their CCU ID number, room number, or meal plan. Please only use the address above to send mail to your student.