2022 CINO TIE
CINO TIE REQUIRED PROGRAMMING
During CINO TIE, incoming students are required to attend the following sessions on Monday, August 22, and Tuesday, August 23:
• ACADEMIC DEPARTMENT MEETING - all incoming students are required to meet with their department via Zoom on Monday, August 22 at 4 p.m. Zoom links will be posted on this website on or before Monday, August 22. *Theater and music majors will meet in-person. Please follow the link above for more details.
• CHANT LIFE SESSIONS - Incoming freshmen must attend the sessions on both Monday and Tuesday; incoming transfer students must attend on Tuesday only. All incoming students will watch the pre-recorded performance on Moodle. Students are assigned to a Chant Life session by FYE course. Please check your fall class schedule to find your FYE section before looking for your assigned CHANT Life session. Instructions and the CHANT Life schedule can be found in the link above.
• NEW STUDENT GROUP PHOTO - Join the rest of the incoming class at Brooks Stadium, grab a sweet treat, and fill in the formation on the teal turf as you and your classmates participate in one of your first new student traditions!
Students should report to the assigned gates at Brooks stadium wearing their Convocation t-shirt by 4 p.m.:
Gate 1: Edwards College of Humanities and Fine Arts (Blue) and Spadoni College of Education and Social Sciences (Green)
Gate 2: Conway Medical Center College of Health and Human Performance (Orange) and HTC Honors College (Tie-dye)
Gate 4: Wall College of Business (Red)
Gate 6: Gupta College of Science (Yellow) and Undecided (White)
Immediately following the photo, you will be led over to the HTC Center for convocation.
• NEW STUDENT CONVOCATION - All incoming freshmen must attend at the HTC Center on Tuesday, Aug. 23. Students should arrive at 5 p.m. with the event starting at 5:30 p.m. Incoming transfer students are invited to attend, but it is not required. First-year students should wear their New Student Convocation t-shirt that they will pick up at Organization Kickoff Day (OK Day) on Tuesday, August 23 (11 a.m. to 2 p.m.). Faculty and staff should arrive at 4:30 p.m.
• First-Year Honors Student Meeting - Sunday, August 21 at 10 a.m. in the Student Union Theater. Required for first-year Honors students only.
REQUIRED SESSION DESCRIPTIONS
Not only are you a part of the University and your academic college, you are also a member of your academic major’s department. In this session, you will learn more about your major from your academic department chair. All academic department meeting sessions are scheduled to take place on Monday, Aug. 22 at 4 p.m. on Zoom except Theater and Music majors.
This interactive presentation will provide valuable information about navigating college life outside of the classroom as well as key resources available in the CCU community. Your assigned time is based on your FYE section and will take place on Monday, August 22. You can determine for FYE section on your class schedule on WebAdvisor.
Chant Life Step UP Against Violence Performance
This pre-recorded session features a performance by fellow students that is designed to depict various aspects of healthy and unhealthy relationships one may encounter while in college and after. Students are expected to watch this session on their own time in between their Chant Life Campus Essentials session on Monday, Aug. 22 and their Chant Life Discussion and Debrief session on Tuesday, Aug. 23. *Some content in the Step UP Against Violence performance can be triggering for students who have been affected by sexual or interpersonal violence. NOTE: If you are concerned about being triggered by the content of the performance, please do not watch the video and contact Marguerite O’Brien, Director of the LiveWell Office, at firstname.lastname@example.org to make alternative arrangements for both the video and Chant Life day two assignments. If you are not sure, please reach out to Marguerite to determine next steps. You will receive an email with instructions for watching the performance or the alternative session on Monday after you have completed the Campus Essentials session, and you must watch it by 8 a.m. on Tuesday, Aug. 23. Incoming transfer students are required to watch this video as well.
Chant Life Discussion and Debrief
In this small group session, students will have the opportunity to reflect on the Step UP Against Violence performance, healthy relationships, communication, and resources available to them in the CCU community. For incoming freshmen, this discussion will take place on Tuesday, Aug. 23 at the same time and in the same location as your Chant Life Campus Essentials session on Monday. ***If you are a transfer student, you can choose any of the following times to attend: 9:30 a.m., 10:45 a.m., 1:15 p.m., or 2:30 p.m. All sessions take place in the Coastal Theater located in the Lib Jackson Student Union, Room A110.