All incoming students who have not yet attended an Orientation are required to attend a one-day program on August 16.
While at Orientation, incoming students will receive their CINO Card, meet with representatives from their academic college, the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships, Student Life and many others. Students will also learn what it means to be a student at CCU, ways to get involved on campus, and traditions of the University. Incoming students will also have the opportunity to meet other incoming students who will be enrolling at Coastal, as well as current University students.
Once you register for the one-day August Orientation, you will receive a confirmation in the mail within a few weeks; the confirmation brochure will be for Transfer Orientation as that will be the schedule we follow on Aug. 16. Make sure you read the brochure in full. You may also contact your academic adviser and go ahead and register for your Fall 2018 classes. Failure to attend your in-person orientation will result in your class schedule being dropped. Search through our listing to determine yours; they are based on major.
We also recommend you get a jump start on learning about CCU by completing the online pre-orientation prior to attending your in-person orientation.
Check-in for Orientation will be at the Lib Jackson Student Union beginning at 8 a.m. Please park in the GG parking lot. The Lib Jackson Student Union is number 6 on the campus map.
- Register for your session online. Please note that you must pay the $100 enrollment deposit before you can register for Orientation. The fee for August Orientation is $90 per student and $20 per family member and/or guest. An emailed confirmation will be sent 1-2 business days after registration is received. Orientation Fees are non-refundable.
- Contact your academic adviser and get registered for classes. Once you have registerd for orientation, you may contact our and get registered for classes. Failure to attend your scheduled orientation will result in your class schedule being dropped.
- Complete your online pre-orientation. An online pre-orientation has been created especially for you. We recommend that you complete this pre-orientation prior to attending in-person orientation in order to get a jump start on your transition.
- Send your transcripts. Most academic departments begin working on students' class schedules prior to Orientation. In order to assure students are being placed in the correct courses, it is important that all final transcripts are received prior to Orientation.
- Financial Aid Information: Ensure your Financial Aid is in order prior to Orientation by following these helpful steps: Financial Aid Checklist.
- Make sure you are ready for your orientation. Read the confirmation which was e-mailed to you.
- Travel to Coastal for Orientation. Here are helpful directions and a campus map.
- Attend Orientation.
- Complete the New Student Checklist: After you attend New Student Orientation, make sure you complete all the items on the New Student Checklist. If you would like, you can get a head start on it now.