All incoming students who have not yet attended an Orientation are required to attend the one-day virtual program on August 12.
All new students starting in Summer II or Fall 2021 are required to complete an orientation program that includes two (2) components:
- Asynchronous Online Orientation: This self-paced orientation will allow you to learn about the academic programs and student life services at CCU. It will take you approximately one hour to complete the orientation, and you do have the option to stop and restart as needed. In order to access the asynchronous online orientation, make sure you have your CCU login credentials. You will have access to the program within 1 hour of registering for your orientation.
- Synchronous Orientation: All students are required to attend a synchronous, one-day orientation program. This session will allow students to hear from representatives from their academic college, the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships, Student Life, and many others. Students will also learn what it means to be a student at CCU, ways to get involved on campus, and the traditions of the University. Incoming students will also have the opportunity to meet other incoming students who will be enrolling at Coastal, as well as current University students.
Once you register for the New Student Orientation program, you will receive an email confirmation to your CCU email address. Make sure you read the confirmation in full as it will include important information about how to access the asynchronous online orientation.
Click here to view the synchronous August 12 Virtual Orientation Schedule.
Check-in for the synchronous program will begin at 8 a.m. EST on August 12. All virtual Orientation sessions are required. Please block your schedule from 8 a.m. EST to 6 p.m. EST. Attending the virtual social engagement from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. EST is highly recommended.
Mobile devices are not compatible with the virtual platform, so please be prepared to access the Virtual Orientation via computer in order to ensure you get credit for attendance.
- Submit your Immunization form and TB Risk Assessment. In order to be eligible to register for orientation, you will need to download, complete and submit both the Immunization Form and the Tuberculosis (TB) Risk Assessment form which are linked at coastal.edu/health/immunization. Please allow 2 business days for processing. CCU will not require the COVID vaccine for students in Fall 2021.
- Register for your session online. Please note that you must pay the $100 enrollment deposit before you can register for Orientation. Once you follow the link, sign in using your Coastal username and password, then choose "Students" from the menu on the right of the screen. Look for the "New Students" menu and choose "Summer 2021 Orientation Registration" to register. If at any point you need to add or change any of your registration options, you can use the "Update Summer 2021 Orientation Registration" form. The fee for New Student Orientation is $90 per student. Student may register family members for the separate Family Orientation experience for $20 per family member. A confirmation will be emailed to your CCU email account after your registration is received. Orientation fees are non-refundable.
- Complete your asynchronous online orientation. An online orientation has been created especially for you. The deadline to complete asynchronous orientation is August 11. You must complete it prior to receiving your class schedule.
- Get registered for classes. If you are an incoming freshmen or transfer with less than 18 credit hours, make sure you complete the Class Preferences Worksheet which is linked at the end of the online orientation. If you are a transfer student with 18+ earned credit hours and you have not yet heard from your academic advisor (and it is after April 15th), click on the link to find the contact information for our Transfer Advisors 2021.
- Send your transcripts. Most academic departments begin working on students' class schedules prior to Orientation. In order to assure students are being placed in the correct courses, it is important that all final transcripts are received prior to Orientation.
- Submit your CINO Card photo. Go to the CINO Card website and upload a photo of yourself BEFORE Orientation. You will receive your CINO Card during move-in weekend.
- Financial Aid Information: Ensure financial aid is in order prior to Orientation by following these helpful steps: Financial Aid Checklist.
- Make sure you are prepared for your Orientation session. Read the confirmation that was emailed to you as it contains important information about your session.
- Attend Virtual Orientation! Please make every effort to attend this program as it is the last opportunity to complete the Orientation requirement for the Fall 2021 semester.
- Complete the New Student Checklist: After you attend New Student Orientation, make sure you complete all of the remaining items on the New Student Checklist. If you would like, you can get a head start on it now.