Phase 1: Complete Online Orientation
Completing Online Orientation is your first step in making a smooth transition to Coastal Carolina University. Online Orientation has been designed specifically for you to get a better understanding of Coastal Carolina University and our services. You will learn information about each academic college, the Department of Public Safety, the Dean of Students Office, student life, dining, housing, and more. The Online Orientation will take about one hour, but you do not have to complete it all in one sitting.
In order to register and complete the Online Orientation, please follow the steps below:
1. Pay your $100 enrollment fee with the Office of Admissions and Merit Awards.
2. Register for Orientation on WebAdvisor. Click on the Students tab, and then you will click the link for "2020 New C.H.A.N.T. Experience Registration".
3. Determine your CCU email address and password. Your CCU email address is your CCU firstname.lastname@example.org. Your username is typically your first initial, possibly your middle initial, some portion or all of your last name, and possibly a number. You will use your CCU email address and password to log into the Online Orientation using the link in step 4.
4. Wait one hour after you register and then click here to access the Online Orientation. You can use this same link if you need to return to the Online Orientation at any point. If clicking on the link does not work for you, copy and paste the following into your web browser: https://www.coastal.edu/nsfp/orientation/studentlogin/.
Note: When prompted to sign into your Microsoft account, type in your CCU email address that you located in step 3. If you receive an error message...
- Make sure it has been at least 1 hour since you were registered for Orientation.
- Check to make sure you entered your full CCU email address.
- Log out of all other Microsoft accounts.
- Clear your browser's history/cache.
- Try a new browser.
- If all of those fail, send an email to email@example.com with a screenshot of your error message.
5. When completing the Online Orientation, pay special attention to the core curriculum class requirements. You will be asked which of those classes you are most interested in taking at the end of this phase of the C.H.A.N.T. Experience.
6. Be sure you are paying attention to the content as you must score a 75 percent or better on the final quiz in order to officially complete this step in the C.H.A.N.T. Experience.
Note: Once you receive your final quiz score, you must click to the checklist screen in order for us to receive a record that you completed the Online Orientation, and to receive the link to the next step in the process.
7. On the final slide, Items of Interest, there is a link to move on to Phase 2 of the process. Click that link in order to complete the online orientation evaluation and be directed to the Class Preferences Worksheet and/or academic advisor contact information.
8. Once you complete that evaluation and the class preferences worksheet, you will onto Phase 2: Hang out with your academic advisor of the New C.H.A.N.T. Experience.
If you have any questions or have trouble accessing the online orientation, please call 843-349-2027.
Return to the New C.H.A.N.T. Experience homepage.
Frequently Asked Questions
New C.H.A.N.T. Experience Phase 1 Questions
- When will I receive information about the Online Orientation?
- What if I do not have access to a laptop, smart phone, or stable internet?
- Is Online Orientation required? Do I have to complete the entire thing?
- Do I have to complete Online Orientation in one sitting?
- Is Online Orientation the same for ALL incoming students (first-year, transfer, etc.)?
Responses to FAQs
Once you register for the New C.H.A.N.T. Experience on WebAdvisor, a link to complete the online orientation will be emailed to you as part of your confirmation email.
Please contact the Office of New Student and Family Programs directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 843-349-2027. We will do everything we can to make the necessary accommodations.
Yes, all incoming students must complete all sections of Online Orientation in order to proceed to Phase 2 of the New C.H.A.N.T. Experience. It is a central piece in your transition into the CCU community and will provide you an overview of the expectations of being a member of our community as well as the services and opportunities available to you as a CCU student.
No. Students can stop at any point and return to complete remaining sections at another time.
Yes, the information is the same as most information included in the online orientation pertains to everyone.