SPRING 2022 NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION
All new students starting in Spring 2022 are required to complete an orientation experience.
Any new student who meets the following criteria must complete the Asynchronous Online Orientation. Click here for more detailed instructions.
- Health Administration Major
- Nursing Major
- Online Degree Program
- Admitted for Spring II, Fall II, Maymester, Summer I
- Registering for orientation after the in-person session has been completed.
All other new Spring admits must complete the two (2) component experience which includes:
1. Asynchronous Online Orientation:
- This self-paced orientation will allow you to learn about the academic programs and student life services at CCU.
- In order to access the asynchronous online orientation, make sure you have your CCU login credentials.
- You will gain access to begin the online component after registering (could take up to 24 hours) and paying the orientation fee. Online orientation should take approximately one hour to complete in one sitting however you can stop and restart as needed.
- After completing ALL PARTS of the online orientation, you will be able to contact your advisor and get registered for Spring classes (advisor contact information is provided on the last slide of the online orientation program).
2. Synchronous Orientation:
- All new students are also required to attend a synchronous, one-day orientation program on campus.
- Mark your calendar to attend the in-person program on Friday, January 7, 2022 from 8 a.m.- 5 p.m. EST.
- Students will meet with representatives from various offices and academic departments as well as connect with other incoming students.
- Attendance at all sessions is required for new students.
- Attendance for family members at the concurrent family orientation component is optional and costs an additional $20 per family member (paid for during the student registration process).
Orientation Registration Overview
- Registration takes place using WebAdvisor and is scheduled to go live on November 1, 2021.
- Once you follow the link, sign in using your Coastal username and password, then choose "Students" from the menu on the right of the screen. Look for the "New Students" menu and choose "Spring 2022 Orientation Registration" to register.
- To add or change any of your registration options, you must use the "Update Spring 2022 Orientation Registration" form.
- The fee for New Student Orientation is $90 per student. We are also offering a Spring family orientation experience for $20 per family member and/or guest. Orientation fees are non-refundable.
- Once you register for the New Student Orientation program, you will receive an email confirmation to your CCU email address.
- Instructions for how to access the asynchronous online orientation will be included in the confirmation email.
- Click here to view the Spring 2022 synchronous orientation schedule.
- Check-in for the synchronous program will begin at 8 a.m. at the Lib Jackson Student Union which is number 6 on the campus map.
- You should park in the GG parking lot which is located adjacent to Highway 501.
Spring Orientation Flow Chart
1. Pay your $100 enrollment fee to the Office of Admissions and Merit Awards.
2. Register for Spring Orientation.
- Register for Orientation by signing into WebAdvisor using your Coastal username and password, then choose "Students" from the menu on the right of the screen. Look for the "New Students" menu and choose "Spring 2022 Orientation Registration" to register.
- If at any point you need to add or change any of your registration options, you can use the "Update Spring 2022 Orientation Registration" form.
- Orientation fees are non-refundable.
3. Complete your online orientation.
- Open your orientation confirmation email (sent to your CCU email address) and follow the instructions for accessing the online orientation.
- Complete ALL SECTIONS and then click “Mark Me Complete” on the Congratulations page (last slide).
- Clicking “Mark Me Complete” will prompt you to do the following:
- Complete and submit a short survey for online orientation
- Complete and submit your Course Preferences Worksheet
- You must complete Online Orientation in order to register for classes.
- We STRONGLY recommend that you complete this orientation prior to attending the synchronous orientation.
4. Get registered for classes.
- The sooner you complete the online orientation, the sooner you will be able to register for classes.
- After submitting the survey or Course Preference Worksheet, you will be redirected to the appropriate Spring Academic Advisor Contact List.
- Use the list to find your Academic Advisor (sorted by major) and contact them in order to get registered for classes.
- Completing this step prior to attending the synchronous in-person orientation component will enable you to finish the program early and begin the move-in process (if moving into University Housing).
5. Submit your Immunization form and TB Risk Assessment (Must be done prior to the first day of classes).
- Download, complete and submit both the Immunization Form and the Tuberculosis (TB) Risk Assessment form which are linked at coastal.edu/health/immunization.
- Please allow 2 business days for processing.
- CCU will not require the COVID vaccine for new students.
6. Complete the New Student Checklist:
- Review and complete all of the remaining items on the New Student Checklist which includes the following among other steps:
- Upload a photo of yourself for your CINO Card via the CINO Card website BEFORE arriving on campus for orientation so that it will be waiting for you at orientation.
- Complete Get Inclusive - Voices for Change online course. All new undergraduate students are required to complete and pass the Get Inclusive - Voices for Change online alcohol and other drugs, consent and sexual violence, and identities and inclusion course by January 7, 2022. You can access the course here: train.coastal.edu/course/ by logging in with your CCU username and password. If you are a transfer student and have completed this course at your previous institution, please email proof of completion to email@example.com along with your name and CCU ID number.
- Ensure financial aid is in order prior to Orientation by following these helpful steps: Financial Aid Checklist.
7. Attend Orientation
- Here are helpful directions and a campus map.
If you have any questions or have trouble registering for orientation, please call 843.349.2027.