SPRING 2023 NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION
All new students starting in Spring 2023 are required to complete an orientation experience.
Any new student who meets the following criteria must complete the Asynchronous Online Orientation. Click here for more detailed instructions.
- Health Administration Major
- Nursing Major
- Online Degree Program
- Admitted for Spring II, Fall II, Maymester, Summer I, Summer II
- Registering for orientation after the in-person session has been completed.
All other new Spring admits must complete the two (2) component experience which includes:
1. Asynchronous Online Orientation:
- This self-paced orientation will allow you to learn about the academic programs and student life services at CCU.
- In order to access the asynchronous online orientation, make sure you have your CCU login credentials.
- You will gain access to begin the online component after registering (could take up to 24 hours) and paying the orientation fee. Online orientation should take approximately one hour to complete in one sitting however you can stop and restart as needed.
- After completing ALL PARTS of the online orientation, you will be able to contact your advisor and get registered for Spring classes (advisor contact information is provided after clicking complete "mark me complete" on the last slide of the online orientation program).
2. Synchronous Orientation:
- All new students are also required to attend a synchronous, one-day orientation program on campus.
- Mark your calendar to attend the in-person program on Friday, January 6, 2023 from 8 a.m.- 5 p.m. EST.
- Students will meet with representatives from various offices and academic departments as well as connect with other incoming students.
- Attendance at all sessions is required for new students.
- Attendance for family members at the concurrent family orientation component is optional and costs an additional $20 per family member (paid for during the student registration process).
Orientation Registration Overview
- Follow the link provided below to the Orientation Registration page. Once you follow the link, sign in using your Coastal username and password. We are also offering a family orientation experience for $20 per family member and/or guest. A confirmation will be emailed to your CCU email account after your registration is received. Orientation fees are non-refundable.
- Once you register for the New Student Orientation program, you will receive an email confirmation to your CCU email address.
- Instructions for how to access the asynchronous online orientation will be included in the confirmation email.
What to Expect at Orientation (Synchronous)
- All new Spring Admit students will attend a 1-day orientation session in addition to completing the asynchronus online orientation.
- Students who have not already registered for classes will meet with an advisor and get registered for fall classes prior to leaving the program.
- Students (and family/guests) are responsible for finding their own overnight accommodations if they are needed as no on-campus accommodations are available.
- Day 1:
- Orientation check-in will begin at 8 a.m. Eastern at the Lib Jackson Student Union
- The orientation program will end at approximately 5 p.m.
- Attendance at all orientation sessions is required for students.
- Students living on campus and attending Orientation on Friday, January 6 will be permitted to move into their housing assignment at the conclusion of Orientation sessions that day. University Housing will send more information in the coming days.
- Please note: Family Orientation registrants will attend some sessions with their student and some separately.
- No additional students will be permitted to regsiter for a session once it reaches capacity and is closed. DO NOT MAKE ANY TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS UNLESS YOU HAVE REGISTERED FOR AN ORIENTATION SESSION AND RECEIVED A CONFIRMATION. Student Transitions and Family Programs is not responsible for any financial consequences incurred by booking travel prior to orientation registration confirmation.
*This schedule is subject to change, please check back often*
- Check-in for the synchronous in person program will begin at 8 a.m. at the Lib Jackson Student Union which is number 6 on the campus map.
- You should park in the GG parking lot which is located adjacent to Highway 501.
Spring Orientation Flow Chart
Registration for Orientation on January 6 is closed.
Follow the link provided above to the Orientation Registration page. Once you follow the link, sign in using your Coastal username and password. If at any point you need to make changes to your registration, you may use the same link to access the registration page again. We are also offering a family orientation experience for a limited number of family members at a cost of $20 per family member and/or guest. A confirmation will be emailed to your CCU email account after your registration is received. Orientation fees are non-refundable.
2. Complete your online orientation. Open your orientation confirmation email (sent to your CCU email address) and click the link to your confirmation website. The link to the online portal along with next step instructions can be found on this website. Complete ALL SECTIONS and then click “Mark Me Complete” on the Congratulations page (last slide). Clicking “Mark Me Complete” will prompt you to do the following:
- Complete and submit a short survey for online orientation
- Complete and submit your Course Preferences Worksheet
You must complete Online Orientation in order to register for classes. We STRONGLY recommend that you complete this orientation prior to attending the synchronous orientation.
3. Get registered for classes. The sooner you complete the online orientation, the sooner you will be able to register for classes. After submitting the survey or Course Preference Worksheet, you will be redirected to the appropriate Academic Advisor Contact List.
Use the appropriate list to find your Academic Advisor (sorted by major) and contact them in order to get registered for classes. Completing this step prior to attending the synchronous in-person orientation component will enable you to finish the program approximately an hour earlier.
4. Submit your Immunization form and TB Risk Assessment (Must be done prior to the first day of classes). Download, complete and submit both the Immunization Form and the Tuberculosis (TB) Risk Assessment form which are linked at coastal.edu/health/immunization. Please allow 2 business days for processing. CCU will not require the COVID vaccine for new students.
5. Complete the New Student Checklist: Review and complete all of the remaining items on the New Student Checklist which includes the following among other steps:
- Submit your CINO Card photo. Go to the CINO Card website and upload a photo of yourself BEFORE December 16, 2022. Students will recieve their CINO Card when they check in for Orientation on Friday, January 6, 2023. If you do not submit your photo on time, you will have to pick up your CINO Card from the CINO Card Office in the Lib Jackson Student Union A-103.
- Complete Get Inclusive - Voices for Change online course. All new undergraduate students are required to complete and pass the Get Inclusive - Voices for Change online alcohol and other drugs, consent and sexual violence, and identities and inclusion course by January 6, 2023.
You can access the course, here: train.coastal.edu/course/ by logging in with your CCU username and password.
- Ensure financial aid is in order prior to Orientation by following these helpful steps: Financial Aid Checklist.
6. Prepare to attend your Orientation session.
- Read the confirmation that was emailed to you as it contains important information about your session.
- Visit Coastal Carolina University – Campus Travel Management for discounted local accommodations.
- View campus map here.
If you have any questions or have trouble registering for orientation, please call 843.349.2027.