2017 O-Team Applications now available!
Help build the foundation
for the new Chants of 2017 by applying to be a 2017 O-Team Member! We are now accepting applications for the position of Orientation Leader and Transfer Ambassador, which will both be part of the O-Team.
Formerly called Orientation Leaders and Transfer Ambassadors, O-Team Members (Orientation Team) are a select group of some of the most outstanding leaders on Coastal Carolina's campus. This group of students is charged with the responsibility of building the foundation for the incoming students while also developing leadership skills and lasting friendships. O-Teams must:
- Be a full-time CCU student in the Spring and Fall 2017 semesters.
- Maintain a minimum 2.5 semester and cumulative GPA.
- Work full-time during summer orientation and not have another job that conflicts with your Orientation responsibilities.
All members of O-Team are expected to:
- Apply...applications are due Thursday, October 27 at 5 p.m. (see additional information below).
- Attend the Congratulations banquet on Wednesday, December 7 at 6 p.m.
- Take a leadership class in the spring semester.
- Attend the O-Team Retreat, January 13-15.
- Attend SROW (conference during the end of Spring Break).
- Work full-time during the summer orientation season (June 23 - July 26), CINO TIE, and January 2018 Orientation.
In order to apply, complete the following requirements (in no particular order) by Thursday, October 27 at 5 p.m.:
1. Attend one (1) Information Session. All sessions are held in the Lib Jackson Student Union, Room A-215.
- Tuesday, October 4 at 6:30 p.m.
- Friday, October 14 at 4 p.m.
- Thursday, October 20 at 4:30 p.m.
- Monday, October 24 at 5 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 26 at 5:30 p.m.
2. Submit your online application on Coastal Connections.
2. Ask one (1) CCU faculty or staff member to complete a recommendation form for you (linked in this statement).
4. Bring a copy of your unofficial transcript (found on WebAdvisor) or your Fall 2016 class schedule (new students only) to the Office of New Student and Family Programs in the Lib Jackson Student Union, Room B-213.
If you have any questions about the position or the application process, please do not hesitate to email email@example.com.