Spring 2020 Orientation
January 9, 2020
While at Orientation, incoming students will receive their CINO Card, meet with representatives from their academic college, the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships, Student Life and many others. Students will also learn what it means to be a student at CCU, ways to get involved on campus, and traditions of the University. In addition, students will have the opportunity to meet others who will be enrolling at Coastal, as well as current University students.
Once you register for the one-day orientation, you will receive an email confirmation within a week. Make sure you read the confirmation in full. You may also contact your academic advisor and go ahead and register for your Spring 2020 classes; class registration for incoming students will begin on Thursday, Nov. 7. Failure to attend your in-person orientation will result in your class schedule being dropped. See our listing of Academic Advisors in order to contact yours today.
We also recommend you get a jump start on learning about CCU by completing the online pre-orientation prior to attending your in-person orientation.
Check-in for Spring 2020 Orientation will be in the Lib Jackson Student Union Rotunda beginning at 7:45 a.m. The Lib Jackson Student Union is number 6 on the campus map.
- Register for your session online. Please note that you must pay the $100 enrollment deposit before you can register for Orientation. The fee for Spring Orientation is $90 per student and $20 per family member and/or guest. A confirmation will be emailed 7-10 business days after registration is received. Orientation Fees are non-refundable.
- Contact your academic advisor and get registered for classes. After November 7 and once you have registered for Orientation, you may contact your Academic Advisors and get registered for classes. Failure to attend your scheduled orientation will result in your class schedule being dropped.
- Complete your online pre-orientation. An online pre-orientation has been created especially for you. We recommend that you complete this pre-orientation prior to attending in-person orientation in order to get a jump start on your transition.
- Send your transcripts. Most academic departments begin working on students' class schedules prior to Orientation. In order to assure students are being placed in the correct courses, it is important that all final transcripts are received prior to Orientation.
- Apply for housing. The housing application will be open on November 1 for all new spring admits. Living on campus is a great experience that will get you more connected to the University community. Learn more here.
- Submit your CINO Card Photo. Have your official CCU ID ready for you when you check into Orientation. Submit your photo on the CINO Card website.
- Financial Aid Information: Ensure Financial Aid is in order prior to Orientation by following these helpful steps: Financial Aid Checklist.
- Make sure you are ready for your orientation. Read the confirmation which was emailed to you and watch this video for an overview of what to expect.
- Travel to Coastal for Spring Orientation. Here are helpful directions and a campus map.
- Attend Orientation.
- Complete the New Student Checklist: After you attend New Student Orientation, make sure you complete all the items on the New Student Checklist. If you would like, you can get a head start on it now.
- Verify that your resident status for tuition and fee purposes has been confirmed as in-state or out-of-state. South Carolina residents may be asked to provide additional information to confirm their eligibility to pay in-state tuition rates. Check WebAdvisor for specific requests and deadlines. General residency requirements may be viewed by visiting the South Carolina Residency web page.