Spring 2021 Orientation (Virtual)
January 13, 2021
During orientation, incoming students will hear from representatives from their academic college, the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships, the Dean of Students Office, and many others. Students will also learn what it means to be a student at CCU, ways to get involved on campus, and traditions of the University. In addition, students will have the opportunity to meet others who will be enrolling at Coastal as well as current University students.
Once you register for the one-day, virtual orientation, you will receive an email confirmation outlining more information about what to do next. Make sure you read the confirmation in full as information will be shared with you about completing the online pre-orientation. Once you do so, you will be able to contact your academic advisor and get registered for your Spring 2021 classes; class registration for incoming students will begin on Monday, Nov. 9. Failure to attend your virtual orientation will result in your class schedule being dropped.
Check-in for Spring 2021 Orientation will take place online beginning at 8:30 a.m., and the program is scheduled to take place from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. with a break for lunch on your own. More information about the check-in procedures will be emailed out.
- Register for your session online. Please note that you must pay the $100 enrollment deposit before you can register for Orientation. The fee for Spring Orientation is $90 per student and $10 per family member and/or guest. A confirmation will be emailed after registration is received. Orientation fees are non-refundable.
- Complete your online pre-orientation. An online pre-orientation has been created especially for you. You must complete this pre-orientation prior to being able to get registered for your Spring 2021 classes.
- Contact your academic advisor and get registered for classes. After November 9 and once you have completed steps 1 and 2, you may contact your academic advisor and get registered for classes. Failure to attend your scheduled orientation will result in your class schedule being dropped. Spring 2021 Academic Advisors contact information can be found by clicking the link.
- Send your transcripts. In order to assure you are being placed in the correct courses, it is important that all final transcripts are received prior to Orientation.
- Apply for housing. The housing application will be open on November 1 for all new spring admits. Living on campus is a great experience that will get you more connected to the University community. Learn more here.
- Submit your CINO Card Photo. Have your official CCU ID ready for you when you check into Orientation. Submit your photo on the CINO Card website.
- Financial Aid Information: Ensure Financial Aid is in order prior to Orientation by following these helpful steps: Financial Aid Checklist.
- Make sure you are ready for your orientation. Read the confirmation which was emailed to you and watch this video for an overview of what to expect.
- Travel to Coastal for Spring Orientation. Here are helpful directions and a campus map.
- Attend Orientation.
- Complete the New Student Checklist: After you attend New Student Orientation, make sure you complete all the items on the New Student Checklist. If you would like, you can get a head start on it now.
- Verify that your resident status for tuition and fee purposes has been confirmed as in-state or out-of-state. South Carolina residents may be asked to provide additional information to confirm their eligibility to pay in-state tuition rates. Check WebAdvisor for specific requests and deadlines. General residency requirements may be viewed by visiting the South Carolina Residency web page.