Weekly Wednesday Reminders
The Weekly Wednesday Reminders serve as a check list for incoming students to complete before they attend CCU in the fall. Please be sure to check this page each week to see any reminders you may have missed!
Week 1 Reminders 6/14/23
1. Complete Your Health & Immunization Records Form
All incoming CCU students are required to submit their health and immunization records; these records must be signed and verified by a healthcare provider or stamped by the healthcare facility. Click here for more information on how to submit your records.
2. Fill Out Your Housing Application
- All first and second year students who graduated from high school within two calendar years prior to enrolling at CCU are required to live in University Housing and to purchase a meal plan unless they qualify for an exemption.
3. Fill Out Your FAFSA & Submit any Incomplete Information for Financial Aid Purposes
Complete the 2023-2024 FAFSA now. Approximately one week after your FAFSA has been processed, you will receive an email from Financial Aid and Scholarships.
Week 2 Reminders 6/21/23
1. Check Your CCU Email
- To access your e-mail, go to portal.office.com
- You will need your CCU username and password to login.
We encourage you to start checking your CCU email daily so you do not miss out on any information.
2. Upload Your CINO Card (Student ID) Photo
- You will use the GET Mobile app to upload an ID photo. Download the GET Mobile App from the App store or Google Play.
- Before uploading an ID photo, please review the photo submission guidelines to make sure it will be approved.
- Your CINO Card will be ready for you to pick-up when you arrive on move-in day.
3. Save the CHANT411 Contact Information
CHANT411 is CCU's central point of contact and they can answer any questions you have about CCU through text, phone, email, or social media.
- Save their contact information so you can easily reach them when you need assistance.
- Text/phone contact is 843-234-3411; social media is @CHANT_411; email is firstname.lastname@example.org
Week 3 Reminders 6/28/23
1. Connect with Accessibility and Disability Services
Incoming students with disabilities and medical conditions are encouraged to connect with Accessibility and Disability Services to learn about and establish accommodations related to academics, university housing, dining, and campus activities.
- For more information about how to connect, click here.
2. Verify Your Resident Status
Review your resident status to confirm whether you are a in-state or out-of-state student for tuition and fee purposes.
- South Carolina residents may be asked to provide additional information to confirm their eligibility to pay in-state tuition rates.
- General residency requirements may be viewed by visiting the South Carolina Residency website.
3. Verify Your Lawful Presence
All students must provide proof of citizenship or lawful presence in the United States to be eligible to enroll at Coastal Carolina University.
- Most students are verified through the FAFSA, but, if you have not submitted a FAFSA or have been contacted directly by the Office of Admissions and Merit Awards, you must upload acceptable proof to verify your lawful presence (see Step Eight) before the first day of class.
4. Compare Your Financial Aid Awards with Your Invoice (Once Available)
If you don't have enough financial aid, apply for other loans and/or set up your payment plan before the payment deadline.
- Books may be charged to your financial aid account at the Chanticleer Bookstore no earlier than ten days prior to the beginning of the term.
- To discuss your financial aid options, set up a virtual appointment with a Financial Aid Counselor by emailing email@example.com.
Week 4 Reminders 7/5/23
1. Review Your Bill
- Your final Fall 2023 tuition bill will be posted on July 10, 2023.
- Go to MyCCU to review your tentative account statement.
2. Setup a Payment Plan
- If you would refer to break up your payments to the University into four installments, you can do so on MyCCU under the Student Finance section.
- Click on Make a Payment and then Create Payment Plan.
- If you do so prior to August 15, 2023 the administrative fee will be waived.
3. Save the Payment Deadlines
- If you wish to pay your Fall 2023 bill in full, it is due by August 15, 2023.
- If you are on a payment plan, your additional payments will be due on the first of each month (September, October, November).
Week 5 Reminders 7/12/23
1. Complete Get Inclusive – Voices for Change Online Course
All new undergraduate students are required to complete and pass the Get Inclusive - Voices for Change online alcohol and other drugs, consent and sexual violence, and identities and inclusion course starting on July 12, 2023 and it must be completed by August 18, 2023.
- The links to complete the Get Inclusive course will be active starting on July 12, 2023.
- You can access the course by clicking here.
- We highly recommend accessing the course via the Google Chrome browser for best results.
2. Order Your Parking Pass
All students are allowed to bring a car to campus; however, each vehicle must have a parking pass.
- To order your parking pass now click here.
Week 6 Reminders 7/19/23
1. Send In Your Transcripts
Make sure transcripts have been sent to CCU from your high school and any college where you have taken coursework.
- If you were dual enrolled in high school or been a college student elsewhere, those respective higher education institutions must send transcripts to CCU.
- These must be on file with the Office of Admissions and Merit Awards.
2. Send In Your AP/IB Test Scores
- AP scores must be sent to CCU from CollegeBoard, and IB credits must be sent from the NY Office of International Baccalaureate.
- The sooner these are in the system, the better for you.
Week 7 Reminders 7/26/23
1. Prepare for Move-In
Before you arrive on campus in August, make sure you have reviewed the University Housing move-in information.
Don't forget to:
- Complete the Get Inclusive Online Course
- Complete and upload your health immunization forms
- Upload your CINO Card photo
2. Order Course Materials
- Now that you have your class schedule click here and enter your class information to view all the books and supplies you will need.
- If you order now the bookstore will prepare a package for you to easily pick up when you arrive on campus.
- Check out the First Day Complete website for more details!
3. Take the Foreign Language Placement Test
All incoming CCU students will be required to fulfill a foreign language requirement.
- If you have extensive prior experience in French, German, Italian, Russian, or Spanish can you receive free credit for the lower-level courses by taking the Foreign Language Placement Test and successfully passing subsequent courses. For more information click here!
- If you have experience in Arabic or Chinese, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information on how you can place into a higher-level course and receive free credit.
Week 8 Reminders 8/2/23
1. Install Anti-Virus Software on Your Computer
There are a few items that need to be completed prior to arriving on campus to ensure your devices can connect to the university Wi-Fi.
These tasks include installing and updating antivirus software on your device and completing all outstanding operating system updates. It is recommended to update your antivirus and operating system the week that you will arrive to campus, as these items are required to connect to the university network.
- For more information about how to acquire antivirus software and update your operating system click here.
- For more information about Student Computing Services click here.
2. Setup Parent/Guardian as an Authorized User
- If you want your parents, family members, guardians, to be able to access your financial account information at the University click here for instructions.
Week 9 Reminders 8/9/23
1. Download All the Apps You Need
Coastal uses several different apps you should download to help streamline your student experience.
- The CORQ app is your access to student organizations on campus.
- TransLoc allows you to track our shuttles to determine arrival times.
- GET Mobile is the app that supports our CINO Card.
2. Review Our ChantSafe Website
As a student your health and safety are our top priority. Please take some time to review our ChantSafe website to better educate yourself on ways to stay safe in various situations.
3. Get Ready for Teal Nation Welcome!
Teal Nation Welcome is a full schedule of crazy cool Coastal events! There are required and optional events taking place to support your transition to your new home away from home.
- Take a look at the Teal Nation Welcome Website for the full schedule and details on the required events!
Download your event pass!
- Click here for an instructional video on how to download your Event Pass!
- We use your Event Pass to take attendance at every event so please make sure to save it in your phone wallet!
- Follow @newtoccu on Instagram to get daily updates on events!