Nursing Completion (B.S.N)
2+2 Nursing Residential Program
The 2+2 Nursing Residential program is a collaborative program between Coastal Carolina University (CCU) and Horry Georgetown Technical College (HGTC). Students in this program live in CCU's residence halls while taking general education and nursing classes at HGTC for their freshman and sophomore years to earn an Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) in nursing and take the RN licensing exam. Students who successfully complete these steps spend their junior and senior years taking classes at CCU to earn a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N.). Participation in this R.N. to B.S.N. program is highly competitive. Students must meet all entrance requirements and be admitted to CCU. The 2+2 program also requires that students have a minimum SAT score of 1100 (evidence-based reading and writing plus math) or a composite ACT score of 22. After completing the AAS in nursing at HGTC, students will automatically be accepted into the B.S.N. program and complete the remaining courses at CCU.
The student experience
- Students live in Coastal Carolina University residence halls and enjoy all aspects of living on CCU's campus.
- First- and second-year students will complete general education courses at HGTC's Conway campus, which is adjacent to CCU's campus.
- Students complete AAS nursing courses at HGTC's Grand Strand campus and local area health care institutions. The Grand Strand campus is 13.5 miles (21.7 km) from CCU's campus. Transportation can be provided for the first semester, but students will need to provide their own transportation for future semesters.
- Students complete the national licensing exam for nursing (NCLEXRN) in the summer after completing the AAS degree, and begin the RN-to-BSN program at CCU in the fall of the third year.
- Both the HGTC nursing program and the CCU B.S.N. completion program are accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN). Inquires can be made to Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850, Atlanta, GA 30326. Phone: 404-975-5000 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have questions? We are here to help.
Wanda Dooley, D.N.P., R.N.
Director of Nursing, Associate Professor
Swain Hall 112