National Society of Leadership and Success
A student organization committed to making better leaders
NSLS (The Society) was founded at Coastal in the fall of 2013 and 520 inaugural members joined. Each semester eligible students are sent invitations from the National Office of The Society.
Eligible members can join by paying their ONE TIME ONLY $85 membership fee online at www.societyleadership.org.
Members who join can expect a multitude of programs each semester to help them develop as leaders. These programs include:
- Society Orientation (offered three times/semester)
- Orientation is a one-hour program where students learn what to expect from The Society. We focus on future events, leadership positions in the organization and how students can the make the most of their experience in the organization.
- Leadership Training Day (offered three times/semester)
- LTD is a three-hour training session for organization members. The goals include learning about the core leadership principles of the organization and how members can be a leader on campus and in their career after college.
- Live Speaker Broadcasts (offered six times/semester)
- On a bi-weekly basis we host a live speaker broadcast of a nationally known leader. These are held in conjunction with over 300 NSLS chapters across the nation. Past speakers have included Common, Rudy Giuliani, Blake Mycoskie, Hillary Duff and many others.
- Success Networking Teams
- SNTs are an opportunity for you to network while accomplishing your goals. The Society places all students in a team of 8-10 students that wills serve as a network. The goal is to share goals with each other in the hopes of creating an encouraging, supporting and challenging team of peers.