New Student Orientation
All new students starting in the Fall of 2016 are required to attend a two-day New Student Orientation program during the month of July.
During New Student Orientation students will receive their CINO Card, get their class schedule, meet with representatives from their academic college, the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships, Student Life and many others.
2016 New Student Orientation
- August 18
While at Orientation, students will learn what it means to be a student at CCU, ways to get involved on campus and traditions of the University. New students will also have the opportunity to meet other students who will be enrolling at Coastal, as well as current University students.
Sessions are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Once a session is at capacity, no more students will be able to register for it. Please do not make travel arrangements until you register for your session.
Once you register for the two-day New Student Orientation, you will receive a confirmation in the mail within a few weeks. Make sure you read the brochure in full and bring with you the Emergency Contact Form for University Housing as you will be spending the night in one of our residence halls.
Check-in for New Student Orientation will be in the HTC Student Recreation and Convocation Center beginning at 7:30 a.m. The HTC Center is number 38 on the CCU Campus Map.
- Register for your session online. Please note that you must pay the $100 enrollment deposit before you can register for Orientation. The fee for New Student Orientation is $155 per student and $20 per family member and/or guest. A written confirmation will be mailed 7-10 business days after registration is received. Orientation Fees are non-refundable.
- Send your transcripts. Most academic departments begin working on students' class schedules prior to Orientation. In order to assure students are being placed in the correct courses, it is important that all final transcripts are received prior to Orientation.
- Submit your CINO Card photo. Go to the CINO Card website and upload a photo of yourself BEFORE Orientation. Once you do so, you will be able to pick up your CINO Card as soon as you check-in for Orientation at 7:30 a.m.
- Financial Aid Information: Ensure financial aid is in order prior to Orientation by following these helpful steps: Financial Aid Checklist.
- Make sure you are prepared for your Orientation session. Read the confirmation that was mailed to you, and watch this video.
- Travel to Coastal for New Student Orientation. Here are helpful directions and a campus map.
- Attend Orientation.
- Complete the New Student Checklist: After you attend New Student Orientation, make sure you complete all the items on the New Student Checklist. If you would like, you can get a head start on it now.