Spring & Summer 2024 Advanced Registration Information
October 31 – November 9, 2023
For Currently Enrolled Students
Begin planning for Spring/Summer 2024 Advanced Registration:
- The Spring and Summer 2024 schedule will be available online in Self-Service in early September. Please review the Spring and Summer 2024 schedule to view the classes offered when they become available.
- Advisement will be placed on all students.
- Obtain your registration appointment time via Self Service at Student Planning>Plan and Schedule. Eligibility for registration is based on credit hours earned plus credit hours currently enrolled.
Seniors (90+ credits hours) & Graduate Students
October 31 – November 1
- Group 1 – Beginning 6:00 a.m. Tuesday, October 31
- Group 2 – Beginning 6:00 p.m. Tuesday, October 31
- Group 3 – Beginning 6:00 a.m. Wednesday, November 1
- Group 4 – Beginning 6:00 p.m. Wednesday, November 1
Juniors (60-89 credit hours)
November 2 – November 3
- Group 1 – Beginning 6:00 a.m. Thursday, November 2
- Group 2 – Beginning 6:00 p.m. Thursday, November 2
- Group 3 – Beginning 6:00 a.m. Friday, November 3
- Group 4 – Beginning 6:00 p.m. Friday, November 3
Sophomores (30-59 credit hours)
November 6 – November 7
- Group 1 – Beginning 6:00 a.m. Monday, November 6
- Group 2 – Beginning 6:00 p.m. Monday, November 6
- Group 3 – Beginning 6:00 a.m. Tuesday, November 7
- Group 4 – Beginning 6:00 p.m. Tuesday, November 7
Freshmen (less than 29 credit hours)
November 8 – November 9
- Group 1 – Beginning 6:00 a.m. Wednesday, November 8
- Group 2 – Beginning 6:00 p.m. Wednesday, November 8
- Group 3 – Beginning 6:00 a.m. Thursday, November 9
- Group 4 – Beginning 6:00 p.m. Thursday, November 9
Monday, November 13, 2023, 8:00 a.m.: Open registration for the general public and students returning from an absence and starting Spring/Summer 2024
Meeting with your Academic Advisor
- In myCCU, on the ‘Student Advising Resources’ card, click on ‘Schedule Advising Appointment’ to schedule an appointment with your advisor. For more information on navigating myCCU or information on how to add new cards, visit https://www.coastal.edu/myccuinfo/. You can also talk with your advisor via phone or e-mail to set up an appointment time. You will meet with your advisor to discuss what courses you need to take. Your advisor will remove your Advisement Hold; OR
- In Self Service, under ‘Student Planning’ à ‘Plan and Schedule’, click the Advising tab to contact your advisor by clicking Request Review and gain authorization for your future courses electronically.
- Based on the student’s Program Evaluation, which contains all the courses required for the student’s degree program
- Allows for adding of courses to the student’s plan directly from the tool
- For more help on using My Progress, visit https://www.coastal.edu/registrar/using-campus-systems/selfserviceforstudents/selfserviceforstudents-myprogress/
Plan and Schedule
- Based on the concept of a course planning worksheet
- Both student and advisor can add courses to the student’s plan, building out a course map for the upcoming and future terms
- Allows for communication with advisors using the Advising tab, adding notes and requesting reviews of a plan
- For more help on using Plan and Schedule, visit https://www.coastal.edu/registrar/using-campus-systems/selfserviceforstudents/selfserviceforstudents-planandregister/
Prior to your registration time
- Make sure that your Advisement Hold has been lifted. You will not be able to register if this hold has not been removed – see your advisor.
- Holds can be viewed in Self Service in the upper right box of any screen, or by accessing the Plan and Schedule tool at https://sservice.coastal.edu/Student/Planning/DegreePlans
- Double check your planned sections to ensure that no course offering details have changed. (Please be advised that Colleges may make changes to the course sections being offered which may affect your planned sections.)
- In Self Service access the Plan and Schedule tool via the Student Planning menu or directly at https://sservice.coastal.edu/Student/Planning/DegreePlans You will see a message indicating when you will be eligible for Spring/Summer 2023 registration.
- You may begin planning your Spring/Summer 2023 registration now, and you will be eligible to begin registering for those sections at your designated registration appointment time.
- Beginning at your designated registration appointment time, you will have “Register” buttons appear, which will allow you to register for the sections you have planned.
- For more detailed information on planning and registering for courses, visit https://www.coastal.edu/registrar/using-campus-systems/selfserviceforstudents/selfserviceforstudents-planandregister/
- If you cannot enroll in a certain course for any reason (missing prerequisites, section is full, academic overload, known conflict with another enrolled section) please go to coastal.edu/studentforms and complete the Special Permission to Enroll and/or Drop Class(es) request form.
Only students who are currently enrolled in Fall 2023 semester are eligible to Advance Register.
New students who have been admitted for Spring/Summer 2024 will register during their Orientation session.
For additional information on the Advanced Registration and course planning processes, please go to https://www.coastal.edu/registrar/registeringforclasses/.
Should you have any questions regarding registration, please contact your advisor or the Office of the Registrar.