Student Advocacy and Intervention
- CHANT Intervention Team
- Tips for Success
- Classroom Disruption Flowchart
- REFER a Student for Intervention
Personal, social and academic concerns are typical challenges for college students. However, when these concerns interfere significantly with academic and personal success, it may be time to seek assistance. The Student Advocacy and Intervention area:
- Supports students in managing all aspects of their personal, social and academic success;
- Addresses questions or concerns about utilizing various campus resources;
- Assists students who are struggling to function academically, socially, or mentally as a result of a personal challenge or crisis; and
- Aids students in identifying and navigating offices both on and off campus to meet their respective needs.
If you are looking for information concerning Student Conduct
please visit www.coastal.edu/conduct.
Contact Student Advocacy and Intervention
To contact Student Advocacy and Intervention, contact the Dean of Students Office at (843) 349-4161 or email email@example.com.
Once you have scheduled a meeting with Student Advocacy and Intervention, please fill out the form below and bring it with you to your appointment:
Student Advocacy and Intervention is not therapy. The laws that apply to a confidential therapeutic relationship do not apply to all helping relationships. There may be instances when information needs to be shared with other campus partners to ensure the safety of the campus community. While confidentiality cannot be guaranteed, information will only be shared strictly on a need-to-know basis.
For effective coordination of services, you may be asked to sign a release of information.