Laptops and Hotspots Check-Out
Coastal Carolina University Owned Issued Laptops
In an effort to aid students experiencing financial difficulty, CCU has purchased several university-owned laptops and/or hotspots that students can borrow to complete course assignments.
Who is Eligible for CCU-Owned Laptops and/or Hotspots?
- ONLY currently enrolled CCU students without a computer or access to a computer are eligible to check out a laptop
- ONLY currently enrolled CCU students without Internet access are eligible to check out a hotspot
- Students must be Pell-eligible & have financial need
- Students with excess financial aid who received a refund may not be eligible
SC Commission on Higher Education Issued Hotspots
With Coronavirus Relief Funds, the State of SC has procured mobile hotspots and monthly service through December 2020 for the benefit of students in our state.
Who is Eligible for CHE Hotspots?
To be eligible, the student must:
- Be a SC resident
- Have financial need
- Not have existing internet service in the household
- Not have more than one mobile hotspots in the household
Residing in University Housing does not eliminate a student from receiving a mobile hotspot if eligibility requirements are met.
If you believe you meet the above eligibility criteria, please complete the Eligibility Form answering verifying questions. Once approved, you will receive an email from the Dean of Students Office with details for how to apply for laptop and/or hotspot. If you are denied, you will also receive correspondence.
Borrowing Laptops and Hot Spots
- Only one laptop and/or hotspot is allowed per student
- Please be sure you have completed the Equipment Liability Form for this school year as this is required of all students borrowing equipment from the University
Picking up and Returning Laptops
- You will be contacted by Library Services once your laptop or hotspot is ready
- At the time of contact Library Services will verify your preferred pickup time and other details
- At the time of contact you will be provided with instructions on how to return the laptop or hot spot
- Please keep all boxes, cases, and packing materials that accompany your laptop or hot spot
Library Hours of Operation for Spring 2021
Monday-Thursday 7:30 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Friday 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Saturday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Sunday 2 p.m. to 10 p.m.