In this section:
Athletics in-person ticket office transactions
- Ticket office personnel is utilizing personal protective equipment when assisting customers at all athletic ticket office locations.
- Hand sanitizer stations are provided at ticket office windows for customer use.
- Tickets can be printed by customers when possible, with digital ticket options made available.
- Ticket work stations are cleaned at the beginning and end of the work day.
Returning to competition and hosting athletic events
The CCU Department of Athletics will follow guidance and recommendations from the NCAA, Sun Belt Conference, S.C. Department of Health and Environmental Control, University administration, health care professionals, and other relevant partners related to resuming competition and hosting athletic events.
The department will continually plan with University leadership to determine mitigation measures. Information about resuming competitions and potential impacts on athletic events will be announced as decisions are made.
Three options for attendance to athletic competitions and events include:
Option 1 – No restrictions on attendance or reduced capacity of the venue. This option assumes no mandatory restrictions are placed on athletic event venues by any governing or regulatory authority.
- Additional signage to communicate physical distancing.
- Directional signage to assist crowd control and movement of fans inside venues.
- Educational measures are implemented to communicate changes or modifications.
- Enhanced measures to reduce touch points including shuttle transportation drop-off and pickup locations, ticketing, gate entry, navigation inside venues, concession stands, restrooms, etc.
Option 2 – Limited attendance due to modified capacity of the venue.
- Seating layout is modified with limited seats available for purchase to meet physical distancing guidelines.
- Based on state or University guidelines, seating throughout venues would be based on a six-feet-per-person standard.
- Additional signage and directional arrows are employed to assist with crowd control.
- Educational measures are implemented to communicate changes.
- Additional event staff will work to ensure physical distancing is maintained in seating areas, concessions stands and at restrooms.
- Efforts will be made to eliminate any potential areas that invite the congregation of fans.
- Touch points would be reduced throughout the game day experience.
- Signage would communicate physical distancing measures in areas where fans line up to include ingress, egress, shuttle transportation pick-up points, concessions, ticketing, restrooms, and other necessary areas.
Option 3 – No fans allowed in the venue.
- Essential staffing of game officials and management only.
- Educational measures implemented to communicate that fans are not allowed to attend events.
- Public Safety and event staff would be utilized to ensure compliance.
Athletics testing protocols
- All student-athletes have undergone COVID-19 testing upon return to campus regardless of symptoms.
- The athletic medical director will continue to manage and follow-up on positive cases, and coordinate contact tracing.
- Quarantine and isolation protocols based on established guidelines are being followed.
- Intercollegiate athletics will follow NCAA and Sun Belt conference guidelines and recommendations related to regular testing of student athletes, coaches, and staff members associated with athletic programs.
Hackler Golf Course
Golf shop operations
- Hackler Golf course follows state and Back2Golf guidelines.
- The Hackler Golf Course follows state and Back2Golf guidelines.
- Tee times are booked seven days in advance, and limited to 12-minute intervals to help prevent patrons from circling the bag drop.
- Signage will remind patrons of mask-wearing and physical-distancing requirements.
- All doors are to be disinfected regularly.
- Team members are wearing gloves at all times while cleaning and sanitizing and will change gloves regularly.
- Masks are required when assisting customers. Masks are not required behind the counter where plexiglass provides a barrier.
- All apparel is spread out to allow for physical distancing while shopping.
- All merchandise sales are final until further notice.
- Counter items such as ball markers, tees, and grips are removed from reach of customers.
- Credit and debits cards are the preferred methods of payment.
- Credit card machines are sanitized regularly.
- Signage is posted at credit card machines to indicate sanitization protocols.
- Occupancy is limited in both the golf shop and grill areas in order to provide for sufficient physical distancing.
- Physical distancing of customers is required.
- Directional arrows will indicate traffic flow from the golf counter to the exit, restrooms, and grill area.
- Once in the grill area, there will be no returning back through the golf shop.
- One-way directional signs will lead customers to exit the building through the grill.
- In restrooms, every other toilet is closed.