In this section:
- Plexiglas sneeze guards are installed at all register stations.
- Chanticleer Store employees wear gloves and/or utilize hand sanitizer after handling merchandise, money, and other items that the patrons have handled.
- Chanticleer employees are required to wear masks and (when necessary) face shields while interacting with patrons.
- All signature pads, credit card machines, pens, etc., are cleaned and wiped down after each use.
- One-way directional signage is installed for shopping.
- Directional floor signage is installed on the stairwell.
- Physical distancing signage is installed and indicators are placed on the floor for queueing.
General merchandise purchases
- Interior patron access is limited to those shopping for general merchandise. The number of patrons will be monitored closely to allow for physical distancing.
Course material and text book purchases
- All course material and textbook purchases must be pre-ordered online. Patrons will not be allowed to enter the book store aisles to pick out textbooks.
- The concession stand immediately adjacent to the entrance of the Chanticleer Store will be utilized for those who pre-ordered their course materials to check in for picking up their items. The HTC Center Concourse will be utilized for line queueing/staging. After patrons check in at the concession stand, they will proceed down the hallway to the loading dock entrance of the Chanticleer Store to retrieve their order.
Employee health screening
- All Chanticleer Store employees will participate in daily COVID-19 screenings per Barnes & Noble College policies and procedures that abide by CDC and SCDHEC recommendations prior to starting work on campus.
- Employees showing symptoms including, but not limited to, a cough due to unknown reasons and a temperature of 100.4 or higher, will not be allowed to work.
- The director of contractual and business services will be made aware if any Chanticleer Store employee has a confirmed case of COVID-19.