Health and Safety
The following health and safety steps are to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 and care for the campus community.
The University has already adopted public health prevention and mitigation standards which dictate all requirements and guidance for promoting health and safety campuswide.
- Complete COVID-19 online prevention training. For faculty and staff, training information is provided here. Students will access training through Moodle.
- Practice personal hygiene and sanitation including hand-washing, cough and sneeze protocols, etc.
- Sanitizing stations (furnished with hand sanitizer, disinfectant cleaning products, paper towels, and disposable masks) are installed campuswide including inside classrooms and office areas. Hand sanitizer dispensers are located at most building entryways.
- High-touch areas such as handrails, doorknobs, and bathrooms receive enhanced sanitization.
- If exposure is known and symptoms are apparent, testing and infection containment protocols are followed.
- COVID-19 viral testing is available through Student Health Services by appointment only for individuals who are symptomatic or have been in close contact with someone who tested positive.
- COVID-19 viral testing is available through Student Health Services (SHS). SHS offers close contact/symptom-based COVID-19 testing to students, faculty and staff via its partnership with LabCorp (test results in 5 to 7 days). To make an appointment, visit the Student Health Services webpageor call 843-349-6543.
- Support services for emotional health and wellbeing are available.
- Ongoing regular relaxation/mindfulness stress relief skills program will be offered.
- Support group opportunities for student, faculty, and staff will be available, based on level of interest. For faculty and staff, the Employee Assistance Program (E.A.P.) may assist.
- Provide individual consultation for students, faculty and staff due to anxiety associated with COVID-19 will be possible. For faculty and staff, the Employee Assistance Program (E.A.P.) may assist.