In this section:
- Mail Services employees wear gloves and/or utilize hand sanitizer after handling mail, packages, money, and other items that patrons have also handled.
- Mail Services employees are required to wear masks and (when necessary) face shields while interacting with the patrons.
- Employees must clean and wipe down all signature pads, credit card machines, pens, etc., after each use.
- Physical distancing signage is installed and floors are marked for queuing.
- Plexiglass sneeze barriers are installed at the service counter.
Non-departmental and non-student services
- Interior patron access is limited to those who are paying for USPS counter services (i.e. personal stamps, outgoing packages, metered mail).
Departmental mail services
- No direct delivery and pick-up services will be provided for departmental mail and packages across campus.
- Departments must send one representative to pick up and drop off mail to Mail Services by utilizing the side door of Sands Hall during normal hours of operation.
- Department representatives are not allowed to enter the building and must remain outside while handling departmental business.
Residential student mail services
- To cut down on the number of touch points, physical mailboxes will not be utilized.
- Residential students are not allowed to enter the building to retrieve mail and must remain outside while picking up mail and packages.
- Mail Services employees will input all incoming residential mail, including regular post and packages, into the SendSuite Tracking software that will notify students via email when they have received an item at the Post Office.
- Resident students will utilize the newly modified front exterior service windows at Sands Hall to retrieve mail.
- An awning is installed immediately above newly modified service windows to allow for weather protection.
- Signage indicates the new resident student mail/package pick-up area.