University recreation indoor facilities
When using an indoor recreation facility, the following safety measures have been implemented:
- Hand readers have been eliminated to reduce touch points. CINO Cards are used for approved entry.
- Everyone will be screened for symptoms and temperature before entry to all indoor recreation facilities and fitness classes.
- Mask usage is required, but can be removed during intense activity.
- Plexiglass partitions have been installed at all indoor recreation facility locations.
- Locker rooms in fitness facilities are available, but shower facilities remain closed.
- All exercise equipment is spaced out to follow physical distancing guidelines.
- The climbing wall is closed.
- Individualized equipment is not available for check-out or usage.
- Facility capacity at HTC Center and Williams Brice Gym will limited to ensure physical distancing (per AccellerateSC guidelines).
- Hours of operation is reduced at HTC Recreation Center, Williams Brice Building, the indoor pool, and the outdoor center.
- HTC Center is open for three-hour time blocks, then will close one hour for cleaning before reopening.
- Fitness classes
- Indoor class sizes are reduced to ensure physical distancing.
- Greater emphasis is placed on outdoor classes.
- Reservation system is utilized to monitor class size.
- Participants are encouraged to bring their own towels.
- Masks are required before and after classes.
- Fitness rooms are cleaned between each class.
- Williams-Brice pool is open throughout the semester.
- Masks are required for entrance into the building.
- A CINO Card is required for entry (self-swipe).
- Temperature checks will be completed before entering pool area (must be below 100.4).
- Open swim pool hours are for students, faculty, and staff. (No guests allowed.) The hours are Monday-Thursday, 3-7 p.m.; Friday, 1-5 p.m.; and closed on Saturday/Sunday.
Intramural recreation activities
- Sports offerings will only include non-contact sports to include golf, tennis, cornhole, softball, sand volleyball, basketball hot-shot, etc.
- CINO Card are used for approved entry.
- Temperature screenings are required for all participants.
- Masks are recommended and required for participation.
- Physical distancing measures must be practiced.
- Hand sanitizer will be used by participants before and after activities.
- Equipment will be sanitized before, during, and after (practice and) competition.