The Office of Veterans Services was created on January 1, 2015, to better serve the growing veteran and veteran family member population at Coastal Carolina University.
Our mission is to assist veterans in making the transition to college from the military and the transition to the workforce after college; to utilize the Veterans Success Team to retain and graduate veterans and their family members; and to conduct training for staff and faculty on veterans issues.
- Gregory Nance '13
- Director of Veterans Services
- Jackson Student Union B203-C
- Sheila Singleton
- VA Certifying Official
- Jackson Student Union B203-A
The office certifies benefits for students eligible for or utilizing:
- Chapter 30: Active Duty GI Bill®
National Guard, Reserves, Active Duty
- Chapter 31: Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (VR&E)
Veterans with service-connected disabilities
- Chapter 33: Post-9/11 GI Bill®
National Guard, Reserves, Active Duty, Veterans, Family Members
- Chapter 35: Survivors and Dependents Assistance (Fry and DEA)
- Chapter 1606: Montgomery GI Selected Reserve (MGIB-SR)
National Guard, Reserves
- Chapter 1607: Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP)
National Guard, Reserves called to contingency operation
- Reserve Officer Training Corps
- Air Force and Army Tuition Assistance
The director of the Office of Veterans Services serves as the faculty adviser to the Coastal Carolina Chapter of the Student Veterans of America.
The office maintains membership and coordination with military education advocacy groups such as the Southeastern Council on Military Education (SECOME) and the Council of College and Military Educators (CCME).
The Office of Veterans Services also offers voluntary Green Zone Training for staff and faculty.