In This Section

Veterans Services

Veterans Choice Act, Section 702

In order to determine your eligibility as a "Covered Individual" as defined by the Department of Veterans Affairs, you will need to submit the following documents to the Office of Veterans Services:

  • A DD-214 showing that you have been honorably discharged from a period of service of 90 days, and within three years of enrollment
  • Proof of domicile (deed/HUD-1, lease agreement or confirmation of dorm room assignment)
  • A copy of the Certificate of Eligibility letter from the VA which states your entitlement
  • A Request for Certification of Educational Benefits form provided by the Veterans Services Office.

Students who are unable to provide one of the forms of proof of domicile should contact Veterans Services for assistance.

Your eligibility can only be determined once the necessary documents have been received. Once verified, an eligible student's tuition and fees will be billed (or rebilled) at an in-state rate, for the period(s) in which the student retains "covered individual" status. Please note that financial aid awards, including scholarships, may be reduced due to the lower cost of attendance.

Eligiblity of in-state rate residency status will need to be verified each term. It will be the responsibility of the student to provide a current copy of the Certificate of Eligibility letter from the VA to the Veterans Services Office. If the student exhausts his/her benefit during a term; then the residency status for the following terms will be re-evaluated by the Admissions Office. The student could potentially be classified as out-of-state.

If you have any questions, please contact Veterans Services at 843-349-2464 or 843-349-2203. Points of contact are Sheila Singleton ( or Greg Nance (