Event Planning Steps
- Step 1: Print Event Planning Checklist
- Step 2: Select Date, Time, and Location
- Step 3: Coordinate Campus Resources
- Step 4: Identify Off-Campus Vendor Needs
- Step 5: Ensure the Safety of Your Guests
- Step 6: Book Your Entertainment and CCU Ambassadors
- Step 7: Place Catering Order
- Step 8: Promote Your Event
- Step 9: Execute Event
- Step 10: Evaluate and Plan for the Future
Step 3: Coordinate Campus Resources
Work Orders and Equipment:
Work orders can be placed online at myschoolbuilding.com. Work orders should be placed at least two weeks before your event. For additional information or questions regarding work orders, contact Wendy Singleton at 843-349-2650 or email@example.com.
The following requests can be made through myschoolbuilding.com:
- Pest Control (For an outdoor event, it is recommended to place a work order to have the ground treated for bugs before the event.)
- Greenhouse (Ferns and palms for stage/room, and small floral arrangements)
- Sprinkler System (For an outdoor event, you need to place a work order to have the sprinklers turned off not only during your event, but also the during set-up and break-down of the event.)
- Grounds (If erecting a tent on campus, a work order must be placed to have water lines and fiber optics flagged, and to also agree on a time frame for a tent to be up. Especially during the hotter months. Trashcans would also be requested in this category.)
- Audio Visual (If needing a videographer)
- Electrical (Extension chords needed electrical equipment)
- Event Set-up (Room set-up, tables, chairs, lectern, etc.)
- Recycling (Recycle bins)
- Tent Sizes and Capacities
- AV needs must be submitted through 25Live when space reservation is made. Contact University Event Production Services the week of the event to arrange set-up time to test the equipment before the start of the event to ensure all equipment is working properly. It may be helpful to ask who will be working at the event, so you have their contact information should a problem arise.
The university has the following items that can be requested by placing a work order under Event Set-up:
- 5ft and 6ft Round Tables (In-door use only and available depending upon event location).
- 6ft Banquet Tables
- Plastic Folding Chairs
- 16 x 24 Portable Stage (Outdoor use only)
- Cocktail/Bistro/Highboy Tables
Photography and Videography:
- Photographer request must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Videographer request must be submitted through myschoolbuilidng.com under Audio/Visual.
- Requests should include event name, start time, end time, location, and contact information.