Training, Development and Service Excellence
Best Practices Training Opportunities
These training sessions educate CCU employees on the “how to” essentials, methods, techniques and processes that are specific to University responsibilities and duties. These sessions are categorized by University Operations and Branding.
- Training, Development and Service Excellence
301 Allied Drive
Coastal Science Center 164
Conway, SC 29526
- Email Us
- Campus Map
- Staff Directory
- TDSE Home
- P-Card Liaison/Secondary Cardholder Training: This training will cover liaison and/or secondary cardholder transaction sign off using the Bank of America Merrill Lynch “Works” online program management tool.
- 25Live Training: This training session is an introduction to the 25Live Event Wizard and overview of the new event request process. 25Live allows users to search for event and location detail. During this training, participants will learn how to schedule events on campus.
- Search Chair Training: Attention search chairs. HREO has developed this program to provide current information on policy changes, applicant tracking enhancements and best practices in employment. The program will also review your responsibilities as a search team chair. All search team chairs should plan to attend one session.
- Search Team Training: This program is intended to provide an overview of the employment process for faculty members serving on search teams. Topics will include EEO/AA, screening and interviewing candidates, search team member responsibilities, search documentation, best employment practices and much more. New faculty members on search teams and CCU faculty members who have not attended similar sessions in the last year are expected to participate in one session. Seasoned search team members are always welcome to attend as a refresher.
- The University Communication Machine: In this module, we will show our organizational diagram and explain what areas fall under UC and how we all work together.
- I want publicity! News releases and Public Relations at CCU: This module explains what is appropriate for University Communication to publicize, how to determine the best mode(s) of communicating about the topic, how a news release is developed and distributed and expectations of media.
- CCU’s image: The importance of proofing and editing: This module communicates why proofing and editing is a critical element to maintaining a positive CCU image. We will explain how the proofing/editing process works best, and provide tips for how to move your proofing request effectively to meet your deadlines.
- CCU’s image: The importance of building a strong brand: This module communicates why brand standards (focus on visual standards) are needed to maintain a positive image, as well as promote brand recognition. Consistency, consistency, consistency!
- It’s a Crisis! Crisis Communication at CCU: This course explains how CCU prepares to develop and distribute crisis communications, the CCU process for managing and communicating with various types of crises i.e., weather events, hurricanes, public safety concerns, etc.
- Telling the Stories of CCU: You have the inside scoop. This module outlines how best to identify a vibrant CCU story that needs to be told, how best to tell the story, and how your inside scoop of information makes telling this story possible.
- Advertising 101: I have a budget for paid advertising, now what? This module outlines who to contact, how to identify vendors for print or digital campaign, budget planning, providing materials for the creative team, time frame needed, etc.
- Social Media 101: What’s in a #hashtag? This module explains business vs. personal use, effectively utilizing hashtags, what’s new in social media - what the “kids” are using, explains the mission of our social media, strategies, goals of the program, and our social media policy.
- Licensing 101: I just want to order a CCU [fill in the blank]: This module outlines what is licensing, why does a University need it, why and when do you use it, what are the processes within licensing.
- CCU Marketing in a Nutshell: This module consolidates marketing into one module in which social media, marketing and licensing are discussed. At the end, we would tie marketing, social media, and licensing together.
Additional Training Resources for the University Community
- The Center for Teaching Excellence to Advance Learning (CeTEAL) serves faculty and staff to help you improve your instruction, scholarship, distance learning, leadership and service skills while integrating technology.
- Information Technology Services (ITS) and University Communication provide online training via Moodle which demonstrates how to use the T4 content management system to create and maintain your departmental website.
- Scheduling and Space Management: Do you reserve space for meetings and events? Submit Media Services equipment requests? The Office of Scheduling and Space Management is changing the way campus events, locations and media resources are requested. The current room reservations procedure using the online “Coastal Employees Reservation Form” and Media Services' online “Equipment Checkout Form” will soon be phased out and replaced with the 25Live Event Wizard, combining requests for facilities and equipment into one form. Training on this new 25Live request system will be offered throughout the month of July. If you are responsible for reserving rooms or submitting Media Services equipment requests, it is recommended that you attend one of these training sessions. For more information visit the Reservation Center or contact Lauren Koonce at firstname.lastname@example.org or 843-349-2112.
- Coastal Office of Online Learning (COOL) The mission of Coastal's Office of Online Learning (COOL) is to advance the University's ability to offer high-quality and high-value online and hybrid courses and programs targeting in-demand content areas aligned to the academic strengths of the University. Toward that end, COOL has been charged with the following. They serve as an outstanding training resource for all things Moodle!