Training, Development and Service Excellence
Professional Development Training Opportunities
These interactive and engaging educational workshops equip faculty and staff with knowledge, tools, and strategies to strengthen their skill sets, while also providing opportunities for continuous learning and improvement. Topics include communication, leadership, management and supervisory skills, position competencies and personal enhancement.
- Training, Development and Service Excellence
301 Allied Drive
Coastal Science Center 164
Conway, SC 29526
- Email Us
- Campus Map
- Staff Directory
- TDSE Home
Some of the many topics for professional development provided byTDSE facilitators include the following:
- Personality inventories (SELF Profile, DISC, True Colors)
- Time management and organization techniques
- Communication styles, tips for effectiveness
- Public speaking
- Workplace etiquette
- Networking skills
- Personal and professional branding
- Working effectively across generations
- Motivation and employee empowerment
- Recognition techniques and practice
- A variety of team-building activities
- If your team or employees need a specific professional development topic, we are happy to work with you.
All professional development offerings are listed by month for your convenience:
2018-2019 Leadership Institute
Professional Development Advisory Group
In pursuance of the CCU Strategic Plan 2016- 2021’s Strategy 3, Goal 3.1.5, it has been established that a professional development advisory group is needed to advance the process to define professional development within each division and create appropriate training and support for all staff and faculty.
Advisory Group Mission: Bring together individuals from across the Coastal Carolina University campus and community to provide information, recommendations, and diverse perspective to advance the best approach to professional development.
Advisory Group Goal: Review existing opportunities for meaningful community building among employees, foster discussion and problem solving, and promote a community of togetherness when tackling issues that employees face that promotes effective cooperation and mutual trust.