Board of Trustees
Through investments such as this $5,000 award, the board strives to continue our mission of developing our students and preparing them for success on the global stage.”
William Biggs, chairman
The Coastal Carolina University Board of Trustees has established the $5,000 Trustee Award designed to encourage students to accelerate their academic experience, completing what would normally be a four-year degree in just three years. The award is open to all first-time freshmen entering Coastal Carolina University. To qualify for the Trustee Award, the student must meet the following conditions:
1. The student entered Coastal Carolina University as a first-time freshman no earlier than Fall 2014.
2. The student completed his or her undergraduate degree within three years (36 consecutive months following initial enrollment).
3. The student earned all collegiate credits at Coastal Carolina University, excluding credits earned in high school that transferred to the University.
4. The Trustee Award Application must be submitted online by the last day of the student's first semester.
5. Award certification occurs during the graduation process; thus, the student must apply for disbursement of the award during this process with certification that he or she has complied with items 1 and 2 (above).
6. The Trustee Award is payable to the student following the certification of graduation. The student will receive a 1099 or a W-2 form and is responsible for all applicable taxes.