The Women's Leadership Conference and Celebration of Inspiring Women brings together women from all walks of life for two days of education, professional and personal development, and networking. Entrepreneurs, professionals, community volunteers and activists, students, moms, and women in transition all enjoy this dynamic program with incredible opportunities to learn and grow.
The Women's Leadership Conference seeks to educate, motivate and challenge women to lead change in their lives, their communities and the world. The 2018 program featured notable speakers from the fields of business, science, culture and more. Speakers included:
- Cara Brookins, author of Rise: How a House Built a Family, which details the extraordinary true story of taking the greatest risk of her life in order to heal from the unthinkable
- Barbara Pierce Bush, CEO and co-founder of Global Health Corps (GHC), a global community of young leaders to build the movement for health equity; daughter of former U.S. President George W. Bush and first lady Laura Bush
- Jenna Bush Hager, author of bestseller Ana’s Story: A Journey of Hope; daughter of former U.S. President George W. Bush and first lady Laura Bush
- Julia Landauer, two-time NASCAR champion and advocate for STEM education and women's empowerment
- Joan Robinson-Berry, vice president and general manager of Boeing South Carolina
- Myra Rowell, global information security external engagements executive at Bank of America
- Connie Ryan, president and CEO of Streck Inc., an industry leader in cell stabilization
- Dorrie Sieburg, program manager for American Association of University Women's salary negotiation workshops, AAUW Work Smart and AAUW Start Smart
- Sharon Suchoval, founder of Advice for My Daughter, a blog to inspire women and the people who raise them
- Barbara Hickman Whye, vice president of human resources and chief diversity and inclusion officer at Intel Corp.
The Celebration of Inspiring Women honors remarkable individuals and celebrates their contributions to our state, region, nation and world. The awards were created as an important and lasting way to recognize the incredible achievements of women with ties to South Carolina. Since the program's inception in 2011, 41 women have been recognized, including 2018 honorees Amber J. Campbell, Marilyn J. Fore, Renee Hembree and Joan Robinson-Berry.
The 2018 Conference and Celebration was held Feb. 5-6.
The 2019 Conference and Celebration will be held Feb. 4-5 at the Sheraton Myrtle Beach Convention Center.
Past Conference Speakers
Since 2011, the Women’s Leadership Conference has featured more than 250 world-class speakers.
Recent Blog Posts