Fifteen individuals were inducted into the Coastal Carolina
University Circle of Omicron Delta Kappa at a ceremony on Nov. 29.
Omicron Delta Kappa is a national honor society that recognizes
achievement in scholarship, athletics, campus or community service,
mass media and the creative and performing arts.
The students are:
- Barry Donohue, a senior computer science major of Murrells Inlet;
- Crystal Edge, a senior computer science major of Loris;
- Melissa Gabriel, a senior health promotion major of Glendale, Ariz.;
- Zachary Gurick, a senior biology major of Solomons, Md.;
- Emma Kidd, a junior physical education major of Rosebud, Victoria,
- Jeanne Lambert, a junior biology major of Burnsville, Minn.;
- Paige Landry, a junior marketing major of Ontario, Canada;
- Sarah Lockett, a junior finance major of Perth, Australia;
- Boris Menier, a junior management major of Myrtle Beach;
- Leah Miller, a senior arts major of Myrtle Beach;
- Philip Sellers, a junior interdisciplinary studies major of Conway;
- Michael Slattery, a junior marine science major of Charleston;
- Angela Victoria, a senior health promotion major of Myrtle Beach; and
- Heather Young, a junior marine science major of Sidney Center, N.Y.
Clay Brittain Jr. was also inducted. He is chairman of the Myrtle
Beach National Company and has served as a member of the Coastal
Educational Foundation, Inc., since 1976. He was instrumental in
establishing Coastal's professional golf management and resort tourism
Coastal Carolina University is a public, comprehensive liberal
arts institution offering baccalaureate degree programs in 38 major
fields of study and six programs leading to the master's degree in
education. Located nine miles west of Myrtle Beach, S.C., the campus is
home to more than 4,600 students.