The purpose of the Lib Jackson Student Union is to enhance the co-curricular experience for CCU students. One of its primary functions is to serve our student organizations. Student organizations that are officially registered and have completed all training, as well as offices of departments housed in the union, will receive priority booking of meeting spaces, including the Student Organization Resource Center. To read more information about the role of college unions from the Association of College Unions International (ACUI), click here.
Explore the Lib Jackson Student Union
More Information about the Student Union
The new section of the building opened on Jan. 12, 2015. With the renovation and expansion of the building, the Student "Center" was renamed the Student "Union" to reflect the new functionalities and philosophy behind the operation of the building. In remarks addressing the new name of the facility, Debbie Conner, vice president for Campus Life and Student Engagement, said:
'Union' occurs when something is formed by uniting two or more things. This space is a place for our students and our community to come together. It represents a coming of age for our university.
The Lib Jackson Student Union expansion has added over 30,000 square feet, including:
- An expanded and updated Game Room.
- A 210-seat Movie Theater.
- A Convenience Store known as Main Street P.O.D.
- Three state-of-the-art meeting rooms, one conference room and one large meeting room.
- A variety of lounge spaces for students to relax and work on their studies.
- Offices for Career Services, International Programs and Services, Multicultural Student Services and The COAST.
- Student Organization Resource Center (SORC) is designed work space for all student organizations.
Have a look and you'll see why we're so excited about the Lib Jackson Student Union.