One of the primary functions of the Lib Jackson Student Union is to serve student organizations. With the Student Organization Resource Center (SORC), student organizations that are officially registered and whose members have completed their trainings, as well as offices located within the facility will receive priority booking for the meeting/reservable areas in the building.
- The Conner Family Conference Room (A-104)
- The Green Family Meeting Room (A-201)
- A-213, A-214 and A-215 Meeting Rooms
- Coastal Theater
For fall semesters, student organizations and LJSU offices priority booking will take place from April 1 until May 15. After this time, the spaces will open up to all departments, faculty and staff across campus and outside groups.
For spring semesters, student organizations and LJSU offices priority booking will take place from November 1 until December 15. After this time, the spaces will open up to all departments, faculty and staff across campus and outside groups.
Beyond these time frames, reservations will be first come, first served. All reservations request must be submitted at least 24 hours in advance.
How to reserve space in Student Union
Registered Student Organization:
- Gather as many details about your event as possible (date, time, ideal location, how many people attending, resources needed, etc.).
- Log onto Coastal Connections with your personal credentials (www.coastal.edu/coastalconnections).
- Find the hosting group’s page on the site.
- Click the “Manage Organization” button on the top right area of the screen. If you do not see that button, you do not have the proper credentials. Contact an executive board member of the organization or Jessica Combess (email@example.com) to receive the proper credentials).
- Under the drop down menu on the left side, click the “Events” option.
- On the top, right hand side, click “create event.”
- Complete the corresponding form. If you have any trouble, please contact the Office of Student Life (843-349-2301) or the SORC (843-349-2724).
- Make sure you click the “Submit” button at the end of the entire form.
Once OSL/SORC/CIS has received your request, it will be processed. You will be contacted if we need any additional information or have any questions. You MUST submit your event no later than 48 hours before the event (with more complex events, the deadline will be earlier). Please note: this is only a request for a room – we reserve the right to deny your request or move you to another room if need be.
CCU Faculty and Staff:
- Go to 25Live and sign in with your CCU username and password.
- Click on "Event Wizard" or "Create an Event."
- Follow the instructions and make sure you fill everything out as required. This only reserves your space and media. Please make sure to select the room layout you want for your reservation.
For assistance with reserving meeting rooms and spaces in the Lib Jackson Student Union, please visit the Scheduling and Space Management's webpage and click on "Reservation Center".
If you wish to add anything to your reservation/event in the student union, please contact the Lib Jackson Student Union office at 843-349-2579 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org for all inquiries.