ChantSafe Program Explained
ChantSafe is being introduced to an entire new group of students at Coastal Carolina University. The program, which was launched in Fall 2019, consists of safety information and crisis instructions delivered through a mobile-optimized website. The program wasn't fully utilized for much of its first year of existence due to the pandemic. ChantSafe is available for all students and can be accessed at coastal.edu/chantsafe.
Introducing TimelyCare for CCU Students
A new service that will provide students with virtual medical and mental health care from anywhere in the United States, at no cost. The Division of Student Affairs partnered with your CCU Student Government Association over the past year to make this amazing resource a reality for students.
Whether you're under the weather, anxious, or overwhelmed, you will be able to talk to a licensed provider from your smartphone or any web-enabled device. Licensed providers are available to offer mental health support via phone or secure video visits. Please read the FAQs below to learn more.
Q: How can students access TimelyCare?
A: Students can go to www.timelycare.com/coastalcarolina to register with their preferred name and CCU email address. Note: you must use your @coastal.edu e-mail address to register. Students can then have visits from any web-enabled device – smartphone, tablet, laptop, or desktop. TimelyCare is available from anywhere in the United States.
Q: Who can use TimelyCare?
A: Any Coastal Carolina student.
Q: What services are available?
A: The below services are available:
- Medical: 24/7, on-demand access to a medical provider that can treat a wide range of common illnesses like cold and flu, sinus infection, allergies, and more
- Scheduled Medical: scheduled options to speak to a medical provider
- TalkNow: 24/7, on-demand access to a mental health professional to talk about anything at anytime
- Scheduled Counseling: scheduled options to speak to a licensed counselor
- Health Coaching: access to a nutritional specialist to help students adopt healthier lifestyle behaviors related to sleep issues, weight management, and more
- Psychiatry: Please contact CCU Counseling Services at 843-349-2305 if you wish to utilize TimelyCare’s psychiatric services.
Q: How much does a visit cost?
A: Nothing! TimelyCare services are free to all Coastal Carolina students.
These virtual services are in addition to current in-person services offered by Counseling Services and Student Health Services. I encourage all students to take advantage of these virtual services to help you stay well and succeed at CCU! If you have any questions about using TimelyCare, please reach out to the LiveWell Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 843-349-4031.
This division advances Coastal Carolina University’s commitment to access, inclusion and diversity by providing leadership and providing support and resources for initiatives that strategically and proactively promote an institutional culture of inclusiveness and equity.
TEAL NATION NEWS
Dining with #CCUFoodCrew
- Academic Resource Center (ARC)
- Academic Testing Center
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Calendar
- Coastal Online
- Coastal Student Success Center
- Core Curriculum
- Degree Programs
- Experiential Learning
- Final Exam Schedule
- First-Year Advising Center
- Graduation Application
- Graduate Studies
- Honors Program
- Kimbel Library
- Registrar's Office/Courses
- Education Abroad
- Summer Study
- Tutoring and Learning Center
- Undergraduate Research
- University Catalogs
- Veteran Services
- Accessibility and Disability Services
- Campus Dining | CCU Food Crew Locations
- Campus Life and Student Engagement
- Campus Shuttle | ChantShuttle Tracker
- Career Services
- CINO Card
- Coastal Connections
- Code of Student Conduct
- Counseling Services
- Dean of Students Office
- Financial Aid and Scholarships
- Fraternity/Sorority Life
- Handshake from Career Services
- Intercultural and Inclusion
- Mail Services
- Merit Pages
- Safe Zone
- Service Learning
- Student Accounts/Tuition and Fees
- Student Computing Services
- Student Employment (on-campus)
- Student Health Services
- Student Life (Organizations)
- Title IX
- University Housing
- University Recreation
- University Policies