Student Health Services
Please click here to access your information in the My SHS Portal including Quarantine and Isolation information letters and lab results. You will be asked to create an account to access the portal.
Student Health Services is closed and will reopen on January 4, 2021. Students seeking medical advice can consult a nurse at any time by calling 843-349-6543 and selecting option 2.
Students seeking on-campus COVID-19 testing can access the most current information on the Coastal Comback page.
Any student facing a medical emergency on campus should call Campus Public Safety at 843-349-2911.
Welcome to Student Health Services
- Student Health Services
Coastal Carolina University
Student Health Center
251 University Boulevard (across from Baxley Hall)
Conway, SC 29526
- Campus Map »
You are invited to seek health and wellness services from our dedicated team of professionals who are available to assess your health care needs. Student Health Services (SHS) provides quality primary care and prevention and education services that are student-centered with an emphasis on teaching personal responsibility for health and wellness. During these extraordinary times, SHS will safely offer quality health care to students; and to do so, students should anticipate a few changes in how to access on-campus medical services.
For your safety and others, SHS will be screening for coronavirus-like symptoms prior to admitting entrance into the health center.
Be prepared to have your temperature taken and answer questions such as (abbreviated list):
- Have you traveled anywhere recently (past three weeks)?
- Are you currently experiencing fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath/difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle/body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion/runny nose, nausea/vomiting and/or diarrhea?
- Have you had close contact (within 6 feet for 15 minutes or greater) with someone with or suspected of having coronavirus (COVID-19)?
If you do not have any coronavirus-like symptoms, you are required to wear a face covering/mask (over nose and mouth) before entering the health center and while waiting to be seen.
If you do have coronavirus-like symptoms, you are required to wear a face covering/mask (over nose and mouth) and should anticipate being asked to take the following health and safety precautions:
- Test for COVID-19 or other respiratory illnesses when indicated.
- Initiate quarantine or isolation based on COVID-19 test results or ongoing symptoms.
- Self-report potential close contacts if your COVID-19 test result is positive.
Lastly, due to the global pandemic all students are required to make appointments for both well visits (gynecological exams/contraception, immunizations, medication management, etc.) and sick visits (fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath/difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle/body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion/runny nose, nausea/vomiting and/or diarrhea).
- Schedule well visit appointments by calling 843-349-6543.
- Schedule sick visit appointments by calling 843-349-6543 or sign-in/create a MySHS account (patient portal) to self-schedule a telehealth appointment (limited self-scheduling available). Also, telehealth appointments may be scheduled for you by a SHS staff member. For telehealth appointments you will not come to the health center for your appointment; and prior to your appointment, you will receive an email link to join your telehealth appointment.
- For medical emergencies, call 843-349-2911 (on campus Public Safety/First Responders) or 911.
Thank you for supporting SHS’ efforts to safely offer quality health care to students as well as protect the health and safety of medical personnel; see Health Advisories for other useful information.
Welcome to our health and wellness community.
Caesar C. Ross III
Director, Student Health Services