Student Health Services
You can find information on wellness services available across the campus on Student Wellness and Self-care Resources
Welcome to Student Health Services
- Student Health Services
Coastal Carolina University
Student Health Center
251 University Boulevard (across from Baxley Hall)
Conway, SC 29526
You are invited to seek health and wellness services from our dedicated team of professionals who are available to assess your health care needs. Student Health Services (SHS) provides quality primary care as well as prevention and education services that are student-centered with an emphasis on teaching personal responsibility for health and wellness.
As SHS continues its forward momentum towards a return to pre-pandemic operations, COVID-19 vaccinations (Moderna) are available in SHS; and students, faculty, and staff may call to make COVID-19 vaccination appointments. Note, the Moderna vaccine requires two doses; and your appointment for your second dose (28 days after the first dose) will be scheduled for you before you leave SHS. Like other vaccines, you will need to remain in a waiting area for a minimum of 15 minutes after receiving the vaccine. In addition, there is no cost to you for the COVID-19 vaccinations.
For your safety and others, please remember the following:
- The health center is a medical facility; and you are required to wear a face covering/mask (over nose and mouth) at all times while inside the building.
- For medical emergencies, call (843) 349-2911 (on campus Public Safety/First Responders) or 911.
- The health center is closed from 12 noon to 1 pm for deep cleaning and sanitizing.
- For urgent conditions, students may walk-in until 4:00p.m. Monday through Friday.
- If you do have coronavirus-like symptoms, please call ahead; and you should anticipate being asked to take the following health and safety precautions:
- Test for COVID-19 or other respiratory illnesses when indicated.
- Initiate isolation based on COVID-19 test results or ongoing symptoms.
- Notify your contacts of potential exposure if your result is positive.
Thank you for supporting SHS’ efforts to safely offer quality health care to students as well as protect the health and safety of the university community. Please view the COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions page for futher information on the University's COVID-19 operations plan.
Welcome to our health and wellness community.
Caesar C. Ross III
Director, Student Health Services