Accessibility and Disability Services
Accessibility and Disability Services (ADS) at Coastal Carolina University offers support and assistance to current and incoming students with disabilities and medical conditions by coordinating and implementing appropriate accommodations and providing resources and services as they relate to academics, university housing, dining and campus activities.
ADS functions as a source of information, educational outreach and advice, as well as a communication link among individuals with disabilities, faculty and staff, and the university community at large.
Online Operations in Effect
Due to COVID-19, ADS has transitioned to online operations. All appointments and meetings will be held either via phone or online spaces (Skype or Microsoft Teams). Please use the following methods to connect with ADS:
- Students currently connected with ADS can schedule appointments via Accommodate.
- Students and instructors can email email@example.com with questions.
- Students and instructors can call 843-349-2503 and leave a voicemail message with the following details: name, purpose for calling, number where you can be reached.
- At this time, please do not submit documentation via fax. Please use email or physical mail.
All inquiries will receive a response within one business day.
The physical ADS Testing Center in Laurel Hall will be closed for the foreseeable future.
- Guidance for instructors implementing extended testing time accommodation via Moodle
- Guidance for instructors logging in to Accommodate to review student accommodations
- Accessibility and online learning via Coastal Office of Online Learning (COOL)
- Accessible Teaching in the Time of COVID-19 by Professor Aimi Hamraie of Vanderbilt University