Accessibility and Disability Services
ADS Connection Process
Coastal Carolina University is committed to accommodating otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities by making reasonable modifications in services, programs, or activities. Students accepted to the University who need accommodations due to a disability must complete the Accessibility and Disability Services connection process.
Individuals are encouraged to begin this process as early as possible to ensure the timely provision of accommodations. Once both the connection form and appropriate documentation are received every effort will be made to determine eligibility and provide related accommodations within 15 business days of submission.
4 Connection Steps:
- A. Connect through Accommodate
- B. Login to Accommodate
- C. Add Documentation (if not added in registration process)
- D. Schedule Connection Meeting
A: How to Connect with ADS Through Accommodate
- Click ‘Click here to connect with ADS through Accommodate’ hyperlink on the bottom of the page.
- Fill out the information on screen and click ‘submit’ on the bottom of the page.
- NOTE: If documentation is not easily accessible, please complete this connection form and submit documentation at a later date. Documentation can be mailed, emailed, faxed, and hand-delivered to ADS. Please visit the ADS website for contact information. (Ex. IEP, 504 Plan, Psychoeducational Evaluation, Medical Diagnosis)
- Continue on to Step B to learn how to login to Accommodate
B: How to Log in to Accommodate
- Open a web browser (Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer)
- Go to this URL: https://coastal-accommodate.symplicity.com/
- Click on Student (or Faculty)
- Enter your Coastal Carolina email and password
- Click the ‘Go’ Button
- Continue on to Step C to learn how to add documents in Accommodate (If you have added documentation during step A, you do not need to complete step C, please continue on to step D)
C: How to Add Documents in Accommodate
- Log in to Accommodate
- Click on the ‘Documents’ tab at the top of the page
- Locate the ‘+ Add New’ button on the bottom of the page
- Select the type of document you are uploading. Label it with your last name, followed by the type of document ( ex. LAST, supporting medical).
- Click Submit.
- Continue on to Step D to learn how to schedule a Connection Meeting.
D: How to schedule a Connection Meeting
- Log in to Accommodate
- Click on the ‘Appointment’ tab on the top of the page
- Select the dropdown box to find the Appointment type
- Select ‘Initial Connection’ Meeting
- Please select a time and date that is most appropriate for your personal schedule.
Housing and Meal Plan Accommodations
Students can request housing or meal plan accommodations based on a documented disability or medical condition should do so by connecting with ADS through the connection process. All documentation must be submitted through the online Accommodate portal. Connection steps are above.
For students seeking an emotional support animal (ESA) as an accommodation, they must also submit the Support Animal Provider Form.
Please note, primary diagnoses of ADHD, allergies, or general anxiety are not typically approved for housing exemptions, modifications or accommodations.
The submission of documentation does not in any way guarantee an exemption or accommodation.
It is recommended that students submit housing and meal plan accommodation requests by June 1 for fall semester and December 1 for spring semester.
For More Information:
Accessibility and Disability Services, Coastal Carolina University