Accessibility and Disability Services
ADA Policies and Procedures:
Coastal Carolina University students, staff, faculty and campus visitors are encouraged to contact Accessibility and Disability Services with any questions or concerns regarding the following policies and procedures.
The official publication of each of the following policies is available on the University Policies website.
The Animals on Campus Policy is available via the above link or at the following web address (link)
The Informal ADA Grievance Policy is available via the above hyperlink or at the following web address (link)
Report an Access Concern:
Individuals who encounter a barrier to access (physical, programmatic, parking, digital, etc.) on the basis of disability at Coastal Carolina University, may report the concern via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 843-349-2503.
Any student who disagrees with the accommodation decisions made by Accessibility and Disability Services may request an accommodation reconsideration. This includes students who disagree with an eligibility determination and/or have concerns related to receiving approved academic adjustments, auxiliary aids and services, and housing and meal plan accommodations.
Students can contact the ADA Compliance Officer by email at email@example.com to request an accommodation reconsideration. Students may call 843-349-2503 for further assistance.
Any student who has experienced alleged discrimination based on disability, has a right to file a formal grievance or complaint. The process for filing a formal grievance or complaint is available below or can be obtained by contacting the ADA Compliance Officer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Students may call 843-349-2503 for further assistance.
The process for filing a formal grievance or complaint is available below or can be obtained by contacting the ADA Compliance Officer by email at email@example.com or at 843-349-2503.
The process for filing a formal grievance or complaint is available below or can be obtained by contacting the ADA Compliance Officer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org at 843-349-2503.
Formal Grievance Procedure:
Coastal Carolina University has adopted a formal grievance procedure to provide prompt and equitable resolution of complaints alleging discrimination based on disability.
Complaints alleging discrimination based on disability should be addressed to the ADA Compliance Officer, P.O. Box 261954, Conway, SC 29528-6054, or 843-349-2503, or email@example.com.
If the complaint alleging discrimination based on a disability concerns the ADA Compliance Officer, then the complaint will be addressed to the Chief Diversity Officer or the President’s Designee.
- If no satisfactory resolution is reached after informal attempts to resolve the complaint are made, or if the individual chooses to bypass the informal complaint process, individuals may submit a written complaint including the name and address of the complainant, and a description of the allegations of discrimination.
- A complaint should be filed within 60 days of the alleged discrimination.
- An investigation, as needed, will be conducted by the ADA Compliance Officer or their designee following receipt of a discrimination complaint. This procedure affords the complainant and the person(s) against whom the allegation(s) of discrimination have been made, and their respective representatives, if any, an opportunity to submit information and documentation regarding the complaint allegations.
- The investigation will be completed with written results of the investigation and a copy forwarded to the complainant within 45 business days of the receipt of the complaint.
- The complainant may appeal the findings of an investigation by submitting a written document to the Assistant Vice President for Diversity and Inclusion (Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer), or the President’s designee. An appeal shall only be considered if the complainant specifies with particularity the irregularities of the investigator’s determination such as; inaccurate finding of fact or incorrect conclusions of the law, the correction of which would likely change the outcome of the determination of an investigation. The appeal must either be postmarked or received within 14 days of the date of the determination and inform the complainant within 14 business days of the receipt of the appeal by the Assistant Vice President for Diversity and Inclusion (Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer), or the President’s designee.
- Although the University will make every effort to comply with these timelines, circumstances such as school breaks, may justify an extension of time.
The University prohibits retaliation against any individual for filing a grievance under this process or against any other individual participating in the investigation of a grievance. Any such retaliation is against state and federal laws and Coastal Carolina University Policy. Retaliation may be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination.
For more information:
Accessibility and Disability Services, Coastal Carolina University
Laurel Hall - P.O. Box 261954 - Conway, SC 29528-6054
843-349-2503 (phone) firstname.lastname@example.org 843-349-5042 (fax)