Due to the projected approach of Tropical Storm Hanna, all Coastal Carolina University classes and events at all University locations will be cancelled beginning at 6 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 4 through Saturday, Sept. 6. This includes all classes and events on Friday.
Although no classes will be held, the University will be open on Friday. Employees are advised to consult with their supervisors regarding leave should they have concerns, as a liberal leave policy will be in effect.
The Chanticleer football game against Colgate University has been rescheduled to Sunday at 1 p.m. at Brooks Stadium.
University officials continue to monitor the storm. Updates will be posted on the University Web site. For the latest information about the projected path of the storm, visit the Web sites of the National Hurricane Center at www.nhc.noaa.gov or the Weather Channel at www.weather.com. For local weather updates, visit www.wpde.com.
• The Commons will be open Thursday until 8:30 p.m. On Friday, Saturday and Sunday, the Commons will be open from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
• CINO Grille will be open until 5 p.m. on Friday.
• University Place Deli will be open Friday, Saturday and Sunday from noon to 8 p.m.
• Kimbel Library will follow its regular schedule on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
• The P.E. Center will be open Friday from 11:30 a.m. to 7 p.m., Saturday from noon to 7 p.m. and Sunday from 2 to 11 p.m.
• Campus Shuttles: The Bronze Shuttle will operate on Thursday until 8:30 p.m. and on Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 9:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. The Gateway Shuttle (to Conway) will not operate on Saturday.
• The Women's Soccer Tournament has been cancelled.
• The CINO Reunion planned for Saturday has been postponed until further notice.
• All residence halls will remain open.