"EnCHANTed" is the theme of Coastal Carolina University's Homecoming 2008, scheduled for Saturday, Oct. 18 through Saturday, Oct. 25. The week will include a variety of activities including a first-ever "Paint the Town Teal" parade in downtown Conway.
The Conway City Council recently adopted a resolution that October be known as "Paint the Town Teal" month in honor of the University's Homecoming 2008 festivities that include a parade through downtown. The resolution encourages residents "to support all those acts and functions that duly show Conway's spirit as a college town."
The following events are open to the public and free unless otherwise noted.
Saturday and Sunday, Oct. 18 and 19
* Powder Puff Football Tournament, Saturday, beginning at 9 a.m., Santee Field
* Banner Decorating Competition for the "Paint the Campus Teal" campaign
Monday, Oct. 20
* Homecoming Spirit Tie-Dyeing, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., Prince Lawn, first 100 students get free T-shirts
* Date Auction for Charity, 7 p.m., Wall Auditorium, for students only
Tuesday, Oct. 21
* The Amazing Race, 5 p.m., Student Center (pre-race pizza for students at 4 p.m.)
Wednesday, Oct. 22
* Homecoming Talent Show, 8 p.m., Edwards Courtyard (rain location: Wall Auditorium)
Thursday, Oct. 23
* Homecoming Themed Dinner, 4 to 7 p.m., The Commons
* National Pan-Hellenic Council (NPHC) Yard Show, 6 p.m., Santee Field
* Homecoming Pep Rally with Crowning of Homecoming Court and bonfire, 8 p.m., The Woods
Friday, Oct. 24
* 5th annual Alumni/Athletics Golf Tournament, noon registration, 1 p.m. shotgun start, Quail Creek Golf Course, four-person team, captain's choice format
* CHANTfest, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., Prince Lawn
* Comedy Showcase, 8 p.m., Williams-Brice Small Gym
Saturday, Oct. 25
* President's Cup 5K Homecoming Race, 7:30 a.m., registration at 6:30 a.m. The race will start at University Boulevard in front of Quail Creek. For race information and race registration visit www.coastal.edu/recreation or contact Tara Saville at 843-349-2815 or email@example.com.
* Homecoming Spirit Parade, 10 a.m., downtown Conway?, alumni and friends are invited to the parade through downtown Conway.
* Alumni Association annual meeting and Alumnus of the Year award, 1 p.m., Wall Auditorium, all alumni invited
* Homecoming tailgating begins, 3 p.m., campuswide
* Alumni pre-game tailgating party, 4:30 p.m., Atheneum Hall patio, food, entertainment and giveaways for children
* Chanticleers vs. Seawolves, 7 p.m., Brooks Stadium
For more information about the University's 2008 Homecoming schedule, call the Office of Alumni Relations at 843-349-2586.